Gas BBQ Point (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Have one of the gas take off points on the side of my new van.
Can I just plug my little Weber gas BBQ into this with the connector supplied or does it need a regulator before it goes to the BBQ?

Thanks
Mark.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, will be low pressure. You can plug in, provided your Weber normally uses a regulator. Some portable BBQs require high pressure gas as they have a regulator or restrictor built into them. These are not directly suitable for use on a motorhome outlet.

Many Weber portable BBQs are designed to connect directly to small high pressure disposable cylinders (i.e. the Q1200). If you have one of these, you need the "3 in 1 adapter", which converts it to low pressure use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, will be low pressure. You can plug in, provided your Weber normally uses a regulator. Some portable BBQs require high pressure gas as they have a regulator or restrictor built into them. These are not directly suitable for use on a motorhome outlet.

Many Weber portable BBQs are designed to connect directly to small high pressure disposable cylinders (i.e. the Q1200). If you have one of these, you need the "3 in 1 adapter", which converts it to low pressure use.

Actually, I'm less sure now that this adapter would work. I think it might just be a high pressure hose and bottle adapter. It may be that a Q1200 would just be completely incompatible.

OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….

Thanks that’s the one I have with the little screw on gas canisters.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Should still be ok I reckon. I cut the little canister connector off and fitted a std regulator and my Weber works just fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back