Fridge vent covers (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2020
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
Hi all
Is it a good idea to get some fridge vent covers for winter or unneccessary? My MH fridge vent side faces North West when parked up so gets the weather most of the time with North Westerly winds?

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
If your using gas ⛽ remember to remove the cover near the burner

You don’t have to do this if you get the proper covers, indeed they are designed to be used as such.

I had a caravan and with both covers on, the fridge opulent cool. In winter I just used the bottom cover and it was fine. Stopped the wind blowing out the flame too.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
I only use them when I'm cleaning the van or parked at home. If I fit the top one the freezer won't get down to temperature and food defrosts because warm air gets trapped behind.

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
I only use them when I'm cleaning the van or parked at home. If I fit the top one the freezer won't get down to temperature and food defrosts because warm air gets trapped behind.
Just fit the bottom one to keep the weather out and allow the trapped hot air to escape through the top one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JohnJan

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all
Is it a good idea to get some fridge vent covers for winter or unneccessary? My MH fridge vent side faces North West when parked up so gets the weather most of the time with North Westerly winds?
Would it be possible to park in the other direction so the vents are to the south east?

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
they do help slow down the rusting on the back of the fridge

Upvote 0