Frequent traveller wallet extension - latest info (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I recently bought a Eurotunnel frequent traveller wallet, shared with another Funster. I expected the wallet expiry date to be extended by 12 months as advised on ET website, as follows:

"We are arranging for all Frequent Traveller tickets to have their validity increased by 12 months, to ensure you have plenty of time to use them. You do not need to contact us – you will see this on your account in the next few weeks."

No updates appeared on my account, so made enquires. The following is the reply:
The extension for Frequent traveller wallets I am afraid is being applied to accounts that expire by the end of February 2021.
Your account does not expire until March 12th 2021 so unfortunately does not fall into this category. However as mentioned in my email, if you still have unused credit remaining on the account please do contact us again nearer the expiry date of the account and we will be happy to look into this for further consideration.
So, it looks like ET haven't completely closed the gate on extensions of the 12 month wallet, but it is under their discretion and is not guaranteed. I suspect with financial pressure from share holders, it is unlikely they'll be inclined to grant any extension.

It's very unlikely we'll make use of the complete wallet by next March. Perhaps we should call their bluff by booking a Spring 2021 trip now, and see what their reaction is, providing we can book more than 12 months in advance ?

Anyway, for anyone taking out a FT wallet in the near future, be aware of the amended ET policy.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
This is a worrying attitude from Eurotunnel. I'm afraid it looks bleak for them and everyone using the frequent traveller scheme should be alarmed as there is no guarantee that they will honour future or present 'contracts'. As a group surely there is something we can do. How about an email from Jim?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think its a bit like health insurance. If you took out a policy before coronovirus it would I assume that it covered you if you were taken ill. If you take one out now I would have thought it unlikely to be covered and if I was traveling would certainly enquire first.
Theres a difference between booking something when no-one could have foreseen a problem and after one is known about.
That being said I would have thought that they would be offering an extension at least until a year from when travel is possible in order to persuade people to pay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
According to our account our frequent traveller is valid up until November 2021 now, due to Covid!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Our account has had the 12 month extension, and I must say that I’m very very happy with ET and how they have dealt with the entire process. We are talking about our holidays, and a relatively small amount of money, but they don’t know what is happening to their entire business, or the jobs of thousands of staff. As they have written on the reply, ”if you still have unused credit remaining on the account please do contact us again nearer the expiry date of the account and we will be happy to look into this for further consideration.” Which seems reasonable.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I think its a bit like health insurance. If you took out a policy before coronovirus it would I assume that it covered you if you were taken ill. If you take one out now I would have thought it unlikely to be covered and if I was traveling would certainly enquire first.
Theres a difference between booking something when no-one could have foreseen a problem and after one is known about.
That being said I would have thought that they would be offering an extension at least until a year from when travel is possible in order to persuade people to pay.
It would appear that this was bought well before the lockdown was announced so was 'unforeseen'. I don't understand why it was treated like all of the other funsters who were granted an extension. Are there any other funsters out there who have had similar responses from Eurotunnel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'd not spotted the date and would contest it as the foreign office did not advise not to travel until 17 march. It needs a bit of research because that was the date for the advice for all countries but if France was still on when the wallet was purchased it seems unfair. If advice not to travel was in place then it would be harder to say it was not envisaged although the initial advice was only for 30 days.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Below is a quote from Eurotunnel taken from another thread. What is the advantage of having the frequent traveller arrangement . They won't extend Wagoneers wallet but for the more 'casual' booker they will give them a decent extension.

Make a summer holiday booking, and we’ll refund it if you change your mind.

Until the new ticket-type goes live, any Standard ticket booked from today for travel to will be fully refundable at no extra cost – just call us to cancel and we’ll refund the full cost of the booking.

Be assured that, even when the new ticket-type comes in, all our tickets will continue to be amendable as many times as you like for travel within a year of purchase – we know that level of flexibility is extremely important to our customers. And, as usual, if rather than aiming for a particular shuttle time, you like the full flexibility to be our priority whatever time you arrive at the terminal, then our Flexiplus ticket is the one for you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back