Foreign Use Insurance (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
tribute T615
Exp
Since late 2015
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but I was looking for some car insurance yesterday and one of the comparison sites came up with two prices for a Churchill policy. Couldn't immediately see what the difference (about £30) was but on closer examination it transpires that the cheaper policy excludes foreign use. That's not a problem, as I don't see me taking the car abroad this year, but having been so used to foreign use being automatically included, this highlights the need to check the small print carefully if this becomes common with insurance companies.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
As long as I’ve been insuring I’ve always had to ask for European cover also with breakdown🤔

OP
OP
Old Barrian
Jan 9, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
tribute T615
Exp
Since late 2015
Yes, quite. But in this case, there was no option to specify whether the policy should be with or without foreign cover - just two different policies and prices in the list of quotes. I didn't make that clear in my original post.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When had the car insured with Direct line you got 3 days foreign cover more than that you had to pay for a green card.
FYI Churchill is Directline so are Sainsbury, Privilege & Green Flag.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back