Filling up MH at Petrol Station (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Does anyone, or has anyone filled up diesel in their MH at the petrol station using the HGV Pumps.

Wondering as if towing a car would be a challenge to get into some forecourts when they are busy and HGV pumps seem to have more room around them.

Thanks

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Yes, when required.

Just stop filling at the first click and auto shutoff.

It makes your feet wet and they'll stink of diesel otherwise.

šŸ˜‡šŸ¤£šŸ¤ 

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
do it lots bigger guns quicker fuelling but try not to get in the truckers way they are working and on a schedule if the trucks are waiting I use the car pumps I not in a hurry they are

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
And if you do use the hgv pump where its possible just pull forward off the pump to allow another user to get on the pump while you are in the shop paying

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Fast fill sometimes the nozzle is bigger and some stations have a maximum fill as they are generally away from the view of the till.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Make sure your filler nozzle is big enough for the HGV gun, which is substantially larger than a car one.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have filled-up at HGV pump where it's out of view of attendant they have insisted on holding my credit card before switching on the pump. In this case I feel happier giving them an invalid card and then paying with the correct card,

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I have filled-up at HGV pump where it's out of view of attendant they have insisted on holding my credit card before switching on the pump. In this case I feel happier giving them an invalid card and then paying with the correct card,
Wonder how many cards have been skimmed by attendants pulling that trick?!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
this has been standard practice it is also a check that the funds are available just work out how much 1000ltrs of fuel costs it is a check that the driver can pay for it

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Wonder how many cards have been skimmed by attendants pulling that trick?!
What a trusting society we have become....................................not everyone is a thief. Many years ago I did a 'drive off' from a garage, the attendant took my registration and waited for me to call in again. She waited until the store was empty so as not to embarrass me before mentioning the incident. I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the cash with which I intended to pay. :eek:
She could have just rang the police šŸš“ as in those days shortages had to be paid for by the attendant, a practice which I believe is no longer legal

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
BĆ¼rstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
Not when I give them an invalid card:LOL: They don't normally check the card.
But with a fuel card the card is swiped to check before filling. If the card doesnā€™t clear the pump wonā€™t be switched on and you wonā€™t get fuel.
Been standard procedure for many years now for HGVā€™s.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
But with a fuel card the card is swiped to check before filling. If the card doesnā€™t clear the pump wonā€™t be switched on and you wonā€™t get fuel.
Been standard procedure for many years now for HGVā€™s.
I don't use a "fuel card", just normal cc.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I don't use a "fuel card", just normal cc.
do you not use a pay at pump, same thing pre authorised before you start and they are vulnerable to skimming machines - not the attendants, they are covertly put on , a known issue not just on cash machines

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
do you not use a pay at pump, same thing pre authorised before you start and they are vulnerable to skimming machines - not the attendants, they are covertly put on , a known issue not just on cash machines
Not in UK and only abroad if no alternative.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
'Where is this woman

I was shouted at when stopped at the HGV pumps at Frankly services. I was instructed to go back around to the car pumps. I did as I was told, she was a lot bigger than me. :giggle:

Frankly, I've already told you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(I was going to say "Frankly I don't give a damn" but that sounded too offensive even for me.:p:p:p)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back