Fiat Rapido (or other A class MHs) cab aircon (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Hi All,

As usual with MHs the cab heating is pretty mediocre, although this can be complemented by operating the hab heating on gas whilst driving (quite legally in UK, although not in road tunnels?)

The problem is cooling. Upon investigation i find that three hoses come off the aircon/heater module and are just hanging down inside the engine bay. I assume one is supposed to go to the drivers footwell, but has been left off due to the 9sp auto and footrest in lieu of clutch pedal?

I have asked Rapido, who initially suggested ask the dealer, but i would like them to confirm firstly if it was built correctly? (Still await a response)

Anyone else encountered this?

Apologies if this has come up before, other than cold feet in autos/comformatics, i cant see any other posts that relate?

IMG_0254.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Mine is very similar. Just hoses that look like they are from a vacuum cleaner hanging down near the front bumper. I haven't paid much attention to them.

I (probably incorrectly) assumed they were air intake for the engine? The standard Ducato inhales through the slots just under the bonnet, which an A-class wouldn't have.

OP
OP
E
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Mine is very similar. Just hoses that look like they are from a vacuum cleaner hanging down near the front bumper. I haven't paid much attention to them.

I (probably incorrectly) assumed they were air intake for the engine? The standard Ducato inhales through the slots just under the bonnet, which an A-class wouldn't have.
Hi,

I assume one is an air intake, into the heater, but not sure all three are. They may be, but i have been unable to get a heater/ aircon diagram, its not in the vehicle handbook. Nor yet a response from Rapido.

They all start at the heater unit, just below the windscreen, and sort of hang down by the headlights on the off side (driver in my case).

It may be an A class means of air intake, but surely no filter etc? Certainly wasnt the case on my last ducato which was a coachbuilt. Also (i am thinking out aloud) is Fiat 2.2 diesel not turboed? Must be.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back