Fiat Ducato Fuel Cut Off Valve - A reminder (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
While we were away in Scotland last week I hit a pot hole so hard last that it caused the engine to stop dead -----It also put on the hazard light.
Fortunately I was near enough to a layby for me to roll into it. This was in a remote glen in the wilds of Scotland so the chances of getting a phone signal and ringing the breakdown service would have been a real problem. Again fortunately I had read about this cut off valve on here some years ago.
I mentioned it to a mate with a Fiat motorhome and he had never heard of it so I thought I would remind people about it.

There is a fuel cut off valve fitted to Ducato in case of accidents.
It is located up under the passenger foot well but on my 2018 you cannot see it.
What you see mostly is the heater fan motor, you need to feel above and to the left of that for a rubber button set into the top of the valve.
It did take me a while to find it but all was well and we were on our again quite quickly, although I cant believe the alloy wheel survived the bang with out any damage.

I just thought it was time for another reminder :drinks:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I will have a look (or rather a feel - ohh err Missus) for that.

I assume that the button pops out to cut off the fuel and you need to push it back in?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
While we were away in Scotland last week I hit a pot hole so hard last that it caused the engine to stop dead -----It also put on the hazard light.
Fortunately I was near enough to a layby for me to roll into it. This was in a remote glen in the wilds of Scotland so the chances of getting a phone signal and ringing the breakdown service would have been a real problem. Again fortunately I had read about this cut off valve on here some years ago.
I mentioned it to a mate with a Fiat motorhome and he had never heard of it so I thought I would remind people about it.

It is located up under the passenger foot well but on my 2018 you cannot see it.
What you see mostly is the heater fan motor, you need to feel above and to the left of that for a rubber button set into the top of the valve.
It did take me a while to find it but all was well and we were on our again quite quickly, although I cant believe the alloy wheel survived the bang with out any damage.

Could you please define which Ducato models it is fitted to. We have a X244 (2002) chassis. If it applies I wonder where it is on an 'A' Class.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Could you please define which Ducato models it is fitted to. We have a X244 (2002) chassis. If it applies I wonder where it is on an 'A' Class.

Geoff

I have no idea of the they were fitted. Have a look in your Fiat hand book?
I would expect it to be in the same place even on an A class.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
if you have hit a hole hard enough to activate the fuel cutoff its worth getting your wheel alignment checked when you get home

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
They're fitted to every vehicle with a pressurised fuel system (ie every EFI vehicle) petrol or Diesel.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I was aware there was a cut-off device but had never spotted it before I looked for it today.

Having found it I can only just get a finger on top of it in the current down position. I don't know how much it rises if activated but hope it's not too high or too strong to push down as I may have a problem.

Anyway, thanks Stealaway for the reminder, I now know exactly where it is should the need arise.

Bailey boy 76

Free Member
Jul 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato weinsberg

Bailey boy 76

Free Member
Jul 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato weinsberg
I am in Scotland right now and it is happened to us on Skye going into a pothole the van has just cut out. I cannot find this switch and have shredded my arms trying ! Any photos?

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
There's a video on YouTube it's was posted on here recently. Reach high to the left of the foot well. Feel for 1" rubber button to press down

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Post #7 Good luck đź‘Ť
I am in Scotland right now and it is happened to us on Skye going into a pothole the van has just cut out. I cannot find this switch and have shredded my arms trying ! Any photos?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004

Geoff
It’s on the panel behind the engine on the off side looks like an ali tube with a rubber end push the rubber end in to reset

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
if you have hit a hole hard enough to activate the fuel cutoff its worth getting your wheel alignment checked when you get home
I think you would notice any wheel misalignment but with an alloy wheel you should get it x-rayed for hairline cracks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back