Epever Bluetooth / app issues. (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I have an Epever 40A Tracer MPPT solar charge controller. This is seemingly working well, as is the screen in the unit to show the data.

It came with a little box which sends this data via Bluetooth to your phone. Box is called EPEVER eBox-BLE-01.

This is showing the power light in green. However the link light is not on.

It worked on my iPhone but since changing to an Android it's never worked.

When on the app it searches for Bluetooth devices but there is nothing available to connect to!

Is the issue the Bluetooth box or phone? Anyone any ideas how to make this work?

IMG_20210403_153057.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
Have you tried a reset. it may be looking for your other phone? There are some known issues with Samsungs and that box. On retailers recommend using the WiFi box instead for Samsung phones. Hope you get it sorted.

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Have you tried a reset. it may be looking for your other phone? There are some known issues with Samsungs and that box. On retailers recommend using the WiFi box instead for Samsung phones. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks for the reply. I tried pressing the reset. Nothing happened. I tried holding the reset down for ten seconds. Nothing happened. I tried unplugging it and plugging it in again. Nothing happened.

I wonder if it's knackered?

I'm using a huawei P30.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Sorry it’s not working out. If you’ve still got the old phone it worked with you could use that as a monitor? Guessing it could also be an issue with the app? it doesn’t get great reviews.
Can you connect the phone with the box, outside of the app, like you would with headphones etc? I was toying with the app and box for my duoracer but decided to go with a remote screen in the end.

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I wish I had got the screen now. I don't think you can connect without the app. I don't know how anyway.

When I first got the new phone it didn't work on it but still worked on the old iPhone.

Thanks for helping! ☺️☺️

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Don’t really think I’ve been much use 😔. You might get more help in the solar techie section. I had a Huaweii tablet and found it wouldn’t connect to my hotspot so got rid in the end. If there is a Bluetooth section in your phone’s setup menu you may get some joy there. Bimble solar has a good range of EPever bits and a link to the android app too. Might be worth a look. Also found him good to respond to emails.

I really fancied the app too but, well, additional plugs and cables brought the price close to what bimble offerEd the monitor for. Think yours would need the MT 50 monitor at about £25.
interestingly I also see there are two different app downloads available for android, one for lead acid and one for lithium!!

hope you get it resolved

Dec 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet.
I had a similar problem. Set it up on my iPad and worked fine. Then tried on my Android phone and nothing. I found that my iPad was hanging onto the Bluetooth connection, which prevented my Android phone finding the Bluetooth Adaptor. I shut off my iPad and my Android phone then found the Bluetooth with no further problem. It would appear that only one device at a time can use the Bluetooth Adaptor?

Mar 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Stefan831
Activate location, GPS, and app was discover ble01.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back