Easily made mistake but will double check next time (1 Viewer)

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been motorhoming for the last 18mths, quite happily without any issues. That is until the delayed hab service was carried out and an unknown person gets inside your van to fiddle about.
All went well with no issues and nothing to report
Motorhome has been sat idle on the driveway since then for the last couple of months, much like everyone else's.
Decided today that now the frost threat has gone that I would fill the fresh water tank up and the toilet flush tank.
All good with the water tank filled up and all the taps tested, happy days.
Poured the toilet liquid into the toilet flush tank followed by clean fresh water, expecting the tank to fill up within about a minute, alas it kept on filling and filling. I turned off the hosepipe and stepped into the van to find the green flushing tank liquid dribbling out into the van. Thankfully its a wetroom style and it was thankfully running into the shower tray and down the plug hole, no ruined carpets or floors.

During the hab service, someone had uncapped the toilet flush tank drain down tube, allowing the water that was going inside the tank to spill out inside cassette area and dribble out through the bottom of the toilet. Understand that its a good winter thing to do, Im just annoyed with myself because if I uncap it then I know it needs recapped but when a stranger fiddles, expect surprises.Will be sure to check that after the next hab check.
D8725ED5-FDBC-4131-AC5F-F3E04D6FFA77.png

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We once had a problem with our fridge immediately after crossing the channel to Rotterdam. All our frozen food carefully packed was spoiled - we were on our way to a festival with no electric etc so were relying on this.

No problem, we called into Dometic factory quite close by and after a few hours they fixed it. Great we thought.

We were at the festival for around 7 days, after a couple of days our battery was flat despite having our onboard generator running - whilst running we had electric and light but turn it off and nothing - whilst it should have been charging the battery up nothing was happening.

Later discovered that whilst Dometic were fixing the fridge they removed the fuse that allowed our generator to operate the battery charging.

It happens!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Avoid hab checks by others if you can, likewise main dealer servicing. They've generally cocked up more often than not. My servicing is done by an indie I have used since Noah was a cabin boy, and hab checks I do myself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Last year, had our hab check, brought van back home, put on drive. Couple of weeks later - off we go. Get to site and discover no gas. Odd - had filled up tank earlier in the year. Then realised what had happened - the fridge had been left on after the hab check. We hadnt realised. So whilst it was sat on the drive it had obviously turned itself onto gas and used the whole tank! Fridge door was open of course! Will double check next time!

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Been motorhoming for the last 18mths, quite happily without any issues. That is until the delayed hab service was carried out and an unknown person gets inside your van to fiddle about.
All went well with no issues and nothing to report
Motorhome has been sat idle on the driveway since then for the last couple of months, much like everyone else's.
Decided today that now the frost threat has gone that I would fill the fresh water tank up and the toilet flush tank.
All good with the water tank filled up and all the taps tested, happy days.
Poured the toilet liquid into the toilet flush tank followed by clean fresh water, expecting the tank to fill up within about a minute, alas it kept on filling and filling. I turned off the hosepipe and stepped into the van to find the green flushing tank liquid dribbling out into the van. Thankfully its a wetroom style and it was thankfully running into the shower tray and down the plug hole, no ruined carpets or floors.

During the hab service, someone had uncapped the toilet flush tank drain down tube, allowing the water that was going inside the tank to spill out inside cassette area and dribble out through the bottom of the toilet. Understand that its a good winter thing to do, Im just annoyed with myself because if I uncap it then I know it needs recapped but when a stranger fiddles, expect surprises.Will be sure to check that after the next hab check.View attachment 477993
Minor issue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back