Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
Morning
Does anyone know what size photos are acceptable for submission to DVLA for reclassification of self build van ?
Many thanks

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Morning
Does anyone know what size photos are acceptable for submission to DVLA for reclassification of self build van ?
Many thanks
Any size as far as I know but they have to be proper photos, I had mine done off my phone at max spielman in town, just postcard size.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I put my photos in a word document 4 per page of A4 with descriptions and arrows to cover each point. This was 2017. Printed in colour on a laser printer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mistajim

Mistajim

Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
Ended up printing them at 6" x 4" with descriptions on the reverse.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Whenever we have reclassified a van to a PVC we have taken photos on our Iphones and attached to email. We have then printed them off and sent them in with the covering letter. We have not ever had an issue.
Si

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Whenever we have reclassified a van to a PVC we have taken photos on our Iphones and attached to email. We have then printed them off and sent them in with the covering letter. We have not ever had an issue.
Si
have you done one recently? poptops no longer qualify has to be a high top needs at least two windows lots of well converted vans being refused evidently even new vws are not getting motorcaravan on the v5

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
have you done one recently? poptops no longer qualify has to be a high top needs at least two windows lots of well converted vans being refused evidently even new vws are not getting motorcaravan on the v5
I must admit, we have not done one for several months.
Will be interesting for companies like Romahome who make models like the R50 or the Hy/lo.

Deleted User
The DVLA checklist just asks for photos and doesn't specify size but obviously if they are not clear then the application will be rejected. The DVLA are reviewing the new guidelines following many queries and it will be interesting to see if anything gets changed.

OP
OP
Mistajim

Mistajim

Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
Yes. Sent application last week. All current guidelines have been covered.. hightop, windows, awning rail / bar, plus decals etc. It's a lottery so we"ll see ???

Attachments

• 20191229_113630.jpg
    20191229_113630.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 45
Aug 11, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
€6 Peugeot Boxer van conv
Exp
50 years inc camping and caravanning (and I'm not much older than that)
Yes. Sent application last week. All current guidelines have been covered.. hightop, windows, awning rail / bar, plus decals etc. It's a lottery so we"ll see ???
Brilliant, let us know how you get on.

What's that thing that looks like a keyhole, on the side load door?

OP
OP
Mistajim

Mistajim

Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
Brilliant, let us know how you get on.

What's that thing that looks like a keyhole, on the side load door?
It's a deadlock. Fitted to rear doors too. Installed pre conversion but I decided to keep them for now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back