Ducato cab floor (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
Just picked our new to us Rapido 9048 on a 2.3 Ducato. The cab floor is a bloody awful mish mash of removable rubber insets and has a really soft area between the driver and passenger seat. I notice that Autotrail have a plywood panel over this section on most of their vans, probably because of this and I think I will try and do the same. I know its a commercial vehicle base but it looks and feels crap, not very impressed even though there is a loose lay, fitted with pop studs, carpet over the area, these are pulling out and leaving a hole in the carpet.

Anyone sorted this out in their vans??

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
There is a company in England that does ducato cab carpets, but they only do rhd ones so I didn't keep their web site address. It might have been these guys https://www.vanmats-uk.com/vm/fiat/ducato/1495 We just use loose laid mats / jarappas and put a couple of the dog's beds there when pitched up at the moment..

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It's strange at first but you get used to it, I don't notice it anymore and its doing no harm. That part of the van is usually under the front seats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
You are not alone with this problem. Walking on our 2.3 Ducato cab floor feels springy like something is missing but I've checked it twice now and all fitted correctly.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can try putting some support under the central section between the cab seats, just remove the plastic 'plate' that's there and see what will fit - polystyrene packing would probably work.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ducato Cabs, Motorhome and most Comercial are all the same the Cab Floor (Sound) insulation is quite spongy to feel. After a while you dont realy notice it, but at first it leads to thinking there is an issue with the floor!.

OP
OP
S
Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
I was thinking of having a much thicker cab area carpet cut from a different material, say 15mm thick and laying a thin board over the spongy area underneath but that would weigh too much... I think the auto trail solution is the one for me unless someone comes up with a better one.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We have a Fiat / Peugeot fitted rubber mat in the cab, which runs part of the way back between the front seats.

Because we use our van for camping - in all weathers - we don't really want carpet in the cab. It just means we never have to worry about getting in with dirty feet etc... :)

In fact we don't use the carpet in the habitation area either - put a loose fit piece of shaped / fitted vinyl on top of the standard fitted vinyl (almost matches too) so again, we can come in and out without worrying about damaging the floor with grit or mud. Works for us. (y)

Oh and know what you mean about being soft under foot between the front seats, although not sure if that hasn't been changed on our latest X290 van, verses the previous X250. Not an issue in any case.

Enjoy your new Rapido. :)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
My first van had the proper steel cover, I think motor home manufactures remove them to save weight nowdays

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back