driver tuition (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
does any one know of any where I get get a little experience with a left hand drive RV, I dont want to Part with my money if I cant handle something so big, especially as I spend much of my time in and usually lost around towns and cities.
I see there are RV schools in the states but nothing here, all I need is a big empthy car park some traffic cones and a patient tutor, any Ideas ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Wynnie,

Glad you got here from York. There are quite a few RV owners here so I hope you get lucky. Oh and welcome to motorhomeFun ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Wynnie
Welcome to the site ::bigsmile:
To answer your question, well maybe not..... Someone posted on here recently about not being able to test drive an RV before they bought it, and they felt nervous about driving one as they had not driven such a large vehicle before and certainly not a left hand drive one. I have had a quick search but cannot find the thread unfortunately, sorry......
I seem to remember that the outcome was that there was nowhere that offered this type of training, specifically for LHD Arv's and that dealers are unwilling to let people just drive their RVs, which is understandable, it does however leave a prospective purchaser in a bit of a quandary though. My only advice is that providing you are a competent driver I feel sure that you will be able to pilot an RV without to many problems. Most people have a nightmare first drive home, virtually all have problems adjusting their driving to keep the RV close enough to the kerb with the result that they run out onto, and over, the white line, which can be a bit disconcerting for the co pilot :roflmto:
The best thing, if you do buy an RV, is to make sure that you have plenty of time to drive it home, and not during rush hours. Try to take someone with you who is used to driving an RV as they will be able to help and advise you (I did this for a friend earlier in the year and have made a complete recovery now :ROFLMAO:) during your initial drive. Try to get the dealer to help you out with some tuition once they have your money, I suspect that most would do this as they want you to be happy and come back to them in the future.....
Anyway I hope this has helped, please let us know what you are looking for and we can give help and advice from there ::bigsmile:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Pretend your interested in Keiths and con a test drive:ROFLMAO:you'll probably buy it once you've driven it:winky:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Left hookers

Hi,
When I started driving left hook trucks I found it took about a month :cry:before I was completely happy and at home with it.:thumb:
The worst time I had was my first trip to Spain and going around Bordeaux at rush hour in the dark, chucking it down with rain, with lanes coned off and narrowed,:Eeek: but managed and it got better!:thumb:
The funny thing was that when I went back on right hand drive, I struggled for a short time:ROFLMAO:
I would not worry too much as if you would be comfortable with a right hooker of that size, then a left hooker will be just as good after you get used to it and even better when on mainland Europe:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
when we were first looking for an Rv this company Link Removed

said that they could give us training in both the operation and driving of any RV we bought from them dont know how true it is as we decided to buy one elsewhere, but it may be worth getting in touch with them..

Keith and Debs

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
still looking

Ive just about given up on the Idea of an RV and am now looking at race trucks as they are right hand drive etc.
I have had no luck finding any one or company to give me tuition unless I hand over my readies first, bit sad but that may be why so many RVs seem not to sell ?
NOTE TO DEALERS....GAP IN THE MARKET !!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back