Dometic Fridge freezer won't switch on (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Hi All
I cannot switch on the Dometic RMDT 8555 fridge freezer in our Charisma. No lights...nothing. It doesn't work on 240 volts, or 12 volts.
I checked the fuse ....looked and tested intact but when I took it out the small neon behind the fuse on the 12v distribution board did not illuminate. All the other neons come on when their fuses are removed...does anyone know what this means?
Thanks
Peter

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't know anything about Concorde electrics but it could be worth checking for another fuse separate to the distribution unit. On Hymer's there is a separate 2 amp fuse for the fridge electronics , it bypasses the distribution unit so the fridge electronics has permanent power.

OP
OP
peter21
Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Update...
Thanks Lenny, there is indeed a second fuse, 1 amp, on the pcb behind the outside grille , but this tested intact.
I spoke to Carl at southdowns who was super helpful as usual and suggested testing all the fuses, which I did....all OK, then testing that 12 volts was getting to the fridge on the pcb behind the grille, which it was.
So I took the black panel off the front of the fridge, between the fridge and the freezer (4 philips screws immediately under the strip ) and fiddled with the microswitch under the on off button....suddenly the fridge burst in to life. So the problem was a sticky/iffy microswitch. I have attached a pic of the pcb..SW1 was the problem.

IMG_20190815_184803312.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back