Different Types Of Visitors... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My best friend and business partner of over 40 years has just left after a long weekend visit.

Phew!

My mate Funster GBS (Brendan), and my mates Funsters SMB (Paul and Jan), my VIP mates Funsters Bob and Janie, and my Princess Funster Yodeli (Frankie), have all visited recently for up to three weeks at a time...

Joy!

My best friend needed a great deal of looking after. He needed driving to and from places. He had to stay in my flat (which had to be cleaned ready for his arrival). He needed taking to and bringing back from restaurants etc. Why, at one point, I even had to make him coffees and toasted cheese and onion sandwiches.

I love having friends visit QMJ but the plain truth is... I love having motorhoming friends visit far, far more than the house dwelling ones.

Motorhomers have got everything they want on board already. They are independent and don't need my attention (except maybe for a bit of water now and again and directions to local spots).

We can sit outside in the sunshine yakking away about all the latest Funster gossip etc.

Wonderful.

And when they are hungry or sleepy (or bored with my yakking) they just slip away into their own place and sort themselves out.

Stress and anxiety free.

My son, his girlfriend and my daughter are visiting next (for a short weekend)(more flat cleaning to sort out)... stress, worry and tension.

Then Funsters Tinhat (David and Ruth) are popping in for a week or two (loaded up with Oxo Cubes and Amazon Prime goodies)... relaxation and happiness!

Motorhomers make welcome, and easy to cope with, visitors.

JJ :cool:

Last edited:

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Always makes me smile when we visit friends and refuse politely to stay in the house "happier in the motorhome" say we - yet they just don't get it and think we are bonkers.

Give me my own bed and toiletries any day!

We also hate hotels - prepare to be shocked and never use a kettle in a hotel room again - apparently, it is common for the hotel kettle to be used to boil up dirty undies to launder them ready for waring again - aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have had two lots of friends visit this year, and when we stay at theirs we are always offered a bedroom, but have declined and said its OK we will sleep in the van, :wink: but I am looking at it a different way now, :unsure: I didn't realise it was like staying in a 5* hotel, :coffee: in bed. :rofl: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Funny
Reactions: JJ

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
But my sources tell me Janie makes you :coffee: in bed every morning you are in the van ... :whistle2:

JJ :cool:

Yes I think she did.....................once :unsure: :rofl:
I let her have a lay in today, when I woke her 9 o'clock :doh: first thing was why you waking me up I was having a lovely sleep, then where's my tea. :rofl: Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Love It
Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back