Diesel Price M1 Donington Services Very Good (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I was low on fuel coming home up the M1 yesterday light comes on 45 miles from home where I normally fill up, probably just about my range for the reserve 2 gallons

on my own I might have risked it, but Bev wouldn’t let me 🤔 and she already knew we we were low, soon after the light came Bev checked how low we were , it’s witchcraft if you ask me 🤔😁

there seem to be fewer and fewer fuel options close to motorways, so I decided on Trowell which I really don’t like as a service area, but only need fuel so it will do, more importantly after there it’s a smart motorway with no hard shoulder 😳

then remembered Donington at J24a East Mids airport junction, so pulled in there

£1.16 standard diesel , I was so impressed I bought super diesel for £1.26 / litre as that was still less than I expected to pay and I filled up instead of splash and dash 😁👍

we didn’t need it but they also have auto gas at 65p, those options seem to be getting fewer, this one is a BP garage

I am sure there are supermarkets a few pennies less, but for location and convenience plus masses of space it was a good find

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Soon after passing his test our youngest son spotted a bargain at the local garage and filled his car with red diesel.

Only slight problem was that his car had a petrol engine

I am guilty of wrong fuelling as well, only did it the once , very expensive and lengthy process, I was in a queue of four others all waiting to be sorted 🤔🙁

I paid full price for mine though, super unleaded petrol in my nearly brand new diesel car 😳 Full tank of it too 🙁 had to be recovered, broke down 200m from garage , 6 hours delay £400 and straight back to same garage for a tank of correct fuel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Cheapest around Southampton was £1.14 last week so that's not bad at all, especially for the motorway, they're nearer £1.40.

On no less than 2 occasions I've been refueling my Diesel Picasso, thought 'There's a very strong smell of petrol on this forecourt', then looked down and sworn, a lot.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I am guilty of wrong fuelling as well, only did it the once , very expensive and lengthy process, I was in a queue of four others all waiting to be sorted 🤔🙁

I paid full price for mine though, super unleaded petrol in my nearly brand new diesel car 😳 Full tank of it too 🙁 had to be recovered, broke down 200m from garage , 6 hours delay £400 and straight back to same garage for a tank of correct fuel
thats our story to a tee out tank is 120 litres so an expensive day trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back