Craft room is upside down.......ekkk (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Well I decided that my craft room needed to be turned upside down & re-organised..........it has begun& what a mess, this is only a tiny bit and ALL the stuff/unit you can see with the blue boxes is down, as is the stuff I had piled onto my desk.......🤪
I want to have my main desk up and running tomorrow, I hope to finish all of it, but we will see, it depends how I am.
Wish me luck in my madness.:roflmto:
20210109_163008.jpg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my workshop is a similar mess and been that bad since the summer. I got distracted onto a 1 day garden project for Brenda that took near 2 months. The garden was then so nice that we then chilled out there till autumn. Now it is too cold

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
That would drive me mad, I just couldn’t work in that environmen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
my workshop is a similar mess and been that bad since the summer. I got distracted onto a 1 day garden project for Brenda that took near 2 months. The garden was then so nice that we then chilled out there till autumn. Now it is too cold
You'll get it sorted when the weather allows I'm sure.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Well I decided that my craft room needed to be turned upside down & re-organised..........it has begun& what a mess, this is only a tiny bit and ALL the stuff/unit you can see with the blue boxes is down, as is the stuff I had piled onto my desk.......🤪
I want to have my main desk up and running tomorrow, I hope to finish all of it, but we will see, it depends how I am.
Wish me luck in my madness.:roflmto:
View attachment 455013
Looks like my study before I started clearing out old work related stuff 😉

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Spent hours yesterday disposing and shredding loads of old paperwork thats been accumulating in my study. Even the heavy duty shredder had to have a rest to cool down. Santa brought me a new webcam and its wider field of view on zoom etc means more of my study has to be tidy.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
More progress made, so getting there.......
THEN the brace under my big desk popped off........arrrggghhhhhh.......Robert came and helped me prop it either end, now I need to go in with one of his dewalts and some brackets and fix it..........
20210110_142124.jpg

Apr 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Converted transit
Exp
I admire your tenacity.
my house is a museum to overwhelm. Quite prepared for scrambled eggs I find my enthusiasm wanes when I turn around and see a trail of destruction behind me. Feels like I'm spinning plates. But then I own a hoarding teenager so am on a hiding to nothing lol
Glad to be out working I realise this is the cause of my lockdown suffering lol. Summer is ok because I ignore it and spend all my free time outside (but is also the reason it got out of hand in the first place).
My plan is to run away from home and let them deal with it all 🤣

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I admire your tenacity.
my house is a museum to overwhelm. Quite prepared for scrambled eggs I find my enthusiasm wanes when I turn around and see a trail of destruction behind me. Feels like I'm spinning plates. But then I own a hoarding teenager so am on a hiding to nothing lol
Glad to be out working I realise this is the cause of my lockdown suffering lol. Summer is ok because I ignore it and spend all my free time outside (but is also the reason it got out of hand in the first place).
My plan is to run away from home and let them deal with it all 🤣
Mine would be easier if I had less craft stash, honestly the amount I have built up over time is insane. :nod:
If you ran away would the teenager survive?

Apr 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Converted transit
Exp
Mine would be easier if I had less craft stash, honestly the amount I have built up over time is insane. :nod:
If you ran away would the teenager survive?
We are reaching a point where their rate of survival will be higher away from me than anywhere near me 🤣😂

In all seriousness I think the combination of being at home more and getting closer to the natural time of moving towards greater independence is impacting on our psyche. Luckily, other than mess, we get along very well.
University looms and I keep reminding myself I will miss it when they're gone, however irritating the mess might be.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Yes it looks like it............but can you find anything yet? :LOL:
Yes I can and the reason it's taking so long is because I've been rearranging where everything lives.

I have also given away some stash that I am not likely to use, one lot to a friend who is just starting out with crafting & I hope it lifts her rather low spirits.
The other is constantly making things to raise money for MND research, so anything free helps, plus the fact that she helped me when I started making cards.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The other is constantly making things to raise money for MND research
Well done, a great cause which needs all the help possible,MND is an evil disease.

The charity is very close to my heart ... after watching my younger brother slowly deteriorate over the last 5-6 years with MND it was almost a relief when he finally passed away in August.

R.I.P. Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back