Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Has anyone managed to upgrade to version 10.10 yet if so how have you found it? my version 10.9 keeps telling me to upgrade but doesn't manage to do it, apparently version 10.9 has been retired and although it will continue to work there will be no new maps for it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm on 10.10.0.535 and have been for a while now.

Its completely different now and the biggest complaint seems to be that we can not now put in our own custom speeds for travelling at say 55 mph on a motorway so consequently it can not work out the correct ETA, wether or not it routes the same as the previous version I don't know.

Martin

OP
OP
ChrisL
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Thanks Martin, I have it on two devices but neither seem to want to upgrade, it comes up with cannot contact the server errors or activation errors I'll have to get in touch with them, as long as I can still put in dimensions and get routed accordingly it should be ok.

Reactions: f6c

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes the vehicle profiles are all there, when I upgraded it backed up first and then the vehicle profiles were on the new app when I opened it up. I'm on apple if it makes any difference.

Martin

Reactions: f6c
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I've just had a go at the upgrade on my mobile. It wanted to save my old settings to the cloud. When I did this I got server error. Presumably cos my device isn't linked to the cloud ???

Anyway, I skipped that option. I then had to enter my email address and passcode. Was then directed to google play store to instal the new version.

Had to then reload the maps. I haven't had time to play around with it yet. However, vehicle routings just show car, motorbike, cycle, walk whereas before showed motorhome (just have basic version of Copilot). Also 2D split screen seems to have disappeared, use to find that useful.

Think I'll keep the old version on my tablet which is the main device used for navigation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ahh OK mine is the Caravan version, I think that as you say you dont get the motorhome routing on the basic car version.

Martin

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
The only way I could stop CoPilot Caravan sending me along silly little lanes was by using the road profiling speeds to tell it minor roads were walking pace. This is the bit they have left out of the latest version, which in my opinion makes a poor app into nothing better than many free ones. The motorhome profile alone only seemed to make it avoid roads with official weight/width/height limitations.

OP
OP
ChrisL
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Thanks everybody, I got it to install on the tablet and will give it a try before upgrading the phone or not. @Wagoneer on my tablet it installed alongside the old version so I still have both, also if your old version was copilot caravan then your new version should have that feature as well, I would get in touch with them if it doesn't.

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
If you had automatic updates activated, you may find that it's already downloaded BUT as a totally separate app with a black steering wheel icon? Took me a while to discover this :doh: Backing up the old one for Favourites etc. didn't work though (n) It may be amongst downloads waiting to be installed. Go to Play Store and look at "My Apps" to see if it's listed as a recent download?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back