Coachman have arrived! (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Like the decor, but not the length, especially as it doesn't seem to have any extra usable space as a result. Not keen on the hunchback roof line, and certainly not that horrible flimsy concertina door on the shower compartment, looks like it wouldn't survive a week..

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Price does not surprise me - the equivalent of my 2017 Bailey 75-2 which was £52k when I bought it is the 74-2 which is now £83k 😳

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I find it unbelievable that a Swedish built van doesn't have a double floor.
I can see the appeal to AT & Bailey owners but no appeal to owners of German Vans.

Cab seats not matching the interior looks tacky, no fixed table I used to hate having to put a table up in our tugging days, I don't like full cookers in vans they use up too much storage space.
The water tank is a joke in a van of that size it should be at least 200Lt.
I'm not knocking them, they just don't appeal to me & I tend to state my thoughts.

Have agree with WESTY66 steering wheel & hab door are on the wrong side. :LOL:

I expect Simon will do well with them they will appeal to ex tuggers like Baileys do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
I find it unbelievable that a Swedish built van doesn't have a double floor.
I can see the appeal to AT & Bailey owners but no appeal to owners of German Vans.

Cab seats not matching the interior looks tacky, no fixed table I used to hate having to put a table up in our tugging days, I don't like full cookers in vans they use up too much storage space.
The water tank is a joke in a van of that size it should be at least 200Lt.
I'm not knocking them, they just don't appeal to me & I tend to state my thoughts.

Have agree with WESTY66 steering wheel & hab door are on the wrong side. :LOL:

I expect Simon will do well with them they will appeal to ex tuggers like Baileys do.
Not this one though. Not that impressed for the money.

Admit I have a Bailey as my first van. But to be honest was looking at a Pilote.
Just got messed around too much so ended up with Simon helping me out with a Bailey. Great service though.

Happy with it and enjoying a month in France.

When I do replace it though will most likely be with a European a-class

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Shame they were not brave enough to do a rear lounge version as I'd have been interested.Not enough choice in that layout optimised for couples.

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Shame they were not brave enough to do a rear lounge version as I'd have been interested.Not enough choice in that layout optimised for couples.
How many motorhomes are used by more than 2 people even if they are 4 berth , most people with that money to spend would be retired so it looks to me like they know their market well

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Having been round both the Kabe and Coachman motorhomes they seem pretty well built, well specced as standard, that aside there is the irritating things like a small fresh water tank, and as someone said the concertina door, which tbh I never took much notice of, neither did I ask about the double floor or lack of, however as they are Swedish made I couldn’t see them lasting long in Sweden if they wasn’t able to be a comfortable temp inside.
All that said, it is their first motorhome and it’s possible they will take all the little negative things on board and act upon them in future models.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
So no double floor however still underfloor heating, best in class according to Kabe and Alde.
Also grade 3 thermal. These are designed to work in a Sweedish winter!

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
IMO a rear lounge is about the worse possible layout in a Motohome I know it appeals to tuggers but not to me. Biggest problem with it is no chance of a big garage, that is the reason twin singles are the biggest seller.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Having been round both the Kabe and Coachman motorhomes they seem pretty well built, well specced as standard, that aside there is the irritating things like a small fresh water tank, and as someone said the concertina door, which tbh I never took much notice of, neither did I ask about the double floor or lack of, however as they are Swedish made I couldn’t see them lasting long in Sweden if they wasn’t able to be a comfortable temp inside.
All that said, it is their first motorhome and it’s possible they will take all the little negative things on board and act upon them in future models.
My first ever caravan experience was when my Swedish customer lent me his Volvo & borrowed a caravan for the wife & me to use, I was told to leave the Alde heating on 24/7 and it was only October.

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
IMO a rear lounge is about the worse possible layout in a Motohome I know it appeals to tuggers but not to me. Biggest problem with it is no chance of a big garage, that is the reason twin singles are the biggest seller.
Oh I don’t know Lenny, I could just get by with the frankia rear lounge garage and probably the liner for two garage😉😁😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
How much🙈😱
Never understand this with all this length n width but no worktop space 🤷‍♀️
Too wide, too long far better vans out there with even better comfort and work space for us 👍😉
Surpised that the dinnette/lounge area was a bit small for an 8m van also side seating very upright/ shallow.is this a new range or just new to that dealer.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back