Cleaning Remis Blinds with black mildew spots on them (1 Viewer)

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has any good tips for removing black mould or mildew spots from a small section of a Remis Blind. We've tried a white vinegar solution. Stardrops. Citrus fruits solution & bicarbonate of soda. All to no avail. Do any of you genius's have a tried and tested positive result please

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
This has been cover before on a previous thread, try the search facility as you may well find someone who has the perfect answer there, good luck 🤞🏻

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Our kitchen blind was looking pretty grotty (old van) I tried cleaning it and gave up.
Got some Ceramic (I think) paint, mixed up a blue that was close to the original colour and painted it.
Was awkward & time consuming but looks so much better now!

OP
OP
Foo Fighter

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
This has been cover before on a previous thread, try the search facility as you may well find someone who has the perfect answer there, good luck 🤞🏻
Thanks PP Bear. I have tried searching as you suggested, but no definitive responses I'm afraid. Hence re asking the same question

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
I have used this carefully, on the nets using a cloth and it works, so if I had a problem on the Remis I would use, test an incospitios area first.

20231112_091803.jpg

Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E435
Our bottom half of the remis blind in hab door was quite badly spotted with mould. I sprayed an inconspicuous bit (to test) with astonish mould and mildew remover (green bottle) and half an hour later the blind was clear of marks. It’s brilliant stuff

May 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has any good tips for removing black mould or mildew spots from a small section of a Remis Blind. We've tried a white vinegar solution. Stardrops. Citrus fruits solution & bicarbonate of soda. All to no avail. Do any of you genius's have a tried and tested positive result please
VENTILATION & Gentle warmth BEFORE THE EVENT!.... Yes I'm shouting as many people either don't know this or choose to ignore the facts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Our bottom half of the remis blind in hab door was quite badly spotted with mould. I sprayed an inconspicuous bit (to test) with astonish mould and mildew remover (green bottle) and half an hour later the blind was clear of marks. It’s brilliant stuff
I can vouch for that, I even had a cushion cover that was spotted, turned it inside out and and sprayed it, hey presto no spots and the colours weren't faded or bleached.

OP
OP
Foo Fighter

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
Thanks for your reply. Tried, tested and worked!!😁

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Thanks PP Bear. I have tried searching as you suggested, but no definitive responses I'm afraid. Hence re asking the same question
Found this one, if it helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Foo Fighter

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
Found this one, if it helps.

I think it's maybe because I used Remis in my question, so it didn't show this post. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back