Child Car Seats (1 Viewer)

R

RogerD

Deleted User
My childs car seat has instructions that show that using a two point seatbelt is a no no. I only have 2 point seatbelts, are there child care seats that can be used with just lap belts?

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi try this site Link Removed

ray

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Child Seats - will 2 fit alonside each other?

Hi
Can anyone help please. We are looking at taking child seated grandchildren in a yet to be purchased motorhome. We note most vans with at least two extra rear passenger seats fitted with safety belts seem quite narrow. In our car the middle rear seat when we have two child seats fitted becomes virtually unusable with the child seats being so wide.
I am concerned there may not be enough room for 2 child seats in a motorhome 2 person bench seat with belts.
If the make/model makes a difference we are looking at the Elddis Autoquest 180 and the Swift Escape 686 as possibilities.
Does anyone have any practical advice please?
thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We use child seats with our hire fleet - one of which is an elddis, and they do fit fine on the dinette forward facing seats which are fitted with three point belts.

Fitting your child seats to a side facing seat would render them utterly useless, as belts only actuate with forward motion. In this situation, your child seats would just twist away and throw the occupants out.

If you find one with rearward facing dinettes WITH seatbelts - these would be the safest impact option, whoever you cannot see the children!

Forward facing and three points will serve you well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back