Chausson diesel heater settings (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Titaniu
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help? We’ve got a 4yr old Chausson with a diesel heater we’ve had from new, the heater has always been a bit fussy to get the right temp but using for the first time this season this week just to take the chill off in the evenings, it’s only working on close to full temp. Tried the usual start on max (or won’t fire) and then drop the temp once running for a little while but just stops and doesn’t cut in again at all until turned back to max. Anyone got an idea please as will be using it plenty soon now the evenings are getting cooler and through winter?

OP
OP
S
Aug 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Titaniu
Exp
Since 2018
Webasto, I do agree but no idea how to check it or adjust it 🙄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
OP
OP
S
Aug 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Titaniu
Exp
Since 2018
Hey, thanks a lot! Looks like it’s perhaps not suitable for a factory fitted Moho solution (as below) but as you say, can be returned so definitely worth a try.

Please note; this multi controller might not be suitable for some OE applications ie if the vehicle heater was installed at factory level.
This may also include some motorhome installs. Please contact us before purchasing if you are unsure of compatibility.

👍👍👌🏻

OP
OP
S
Aug 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Titaniu
Exp
Since 2018
It’s an Airtop Evo 55 btw so certainly made for the job 👏🏻

Thanks again jockaneezer

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Make sure the exhaust points downwards . Turn the heating up to max , lights should flicker , give it 5 minutes and the turn the dial to 12.30 to 1 o clock

OP
OP
S
Aug 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Titaniu
Exp
Since 2018
Make sure the exhaust points downwards . Turn the heating up to max , lights should flicker , give it 5 minutes and the turn the dial to 12.30 to 1 o clock
Thanks, yes the startup works fine and it runs for a while before going into thermostat temp reached mode and slows then stops. Trouble is it never comes back on even when get really chilly and even with the dial at c2-3 o’clock, not until you turn fully to highest. Even that isn’t straightforward, if you turn it round to full it slowly comes back on but takes a few minutes until picking up speed however, if you turn it off, then on again to full it goes to fire up mode but more quickly pushes out hot air until you’re either roasted or turn it down where it just goes off again and doesn’t come back on. Been 4 days now and still just the same 🙄

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
That sounds like a broken thermometer ?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
On my Chausson 530 the thermostat is located on the side of the acrylic box that houses the CBE control panel and Airtop rotary controller above the round rocker switches for the hab lights. Look for a round black button about 2cm diameter with the outline of 'W' moulded on the face.

I had a similar problem to yours and found that one of the leads to the thermostat was not connected. If your thermostat is located on the side of the black box it can be accessed by unclipping the CBE control panel by frimly gripping the edges and pulling forward.

The multi controller is compatible with the Airtop EVO 55, as I and others have replaced the factory fitted rotary controller on various Chausson models. It's a reasonably straightforward job and is a worthwhile upgrade.

OP
OP
S
Aug 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Titaniu
Exp
Since 2018
I totally agree but can’t find where the sender is, is it part of the control knob?
On my Chausson 530 the thermostat is located on the side of the acrylic box that houses the CBE control panel and Airtop rotary controller above the round rocker switches for the hab lights. Look for a round black button about 2cm diameter with the outline of 'W' moulded on the face.

I had a similar problem to yours and found that one of the leads to the thermostat was not connected. If your thermostat is located on the side of the black box it can be accessed by unclipping the CBE control panel by frimly gripping the edges and pulling forward.

The multi controller is compatible with the Airtop EVO 55, as I and others have replaced the factory fitted rotary controller on various Chausson models. It's a reasonably straightforward job and is a worthwhile upgrade.
brilliant thanks, yes, I was being blind and it’s in the same place. Can’t pull it out enough to check the wiring at the mo but will be home late tomorrow so will have a proper look then

Many thanks to all for the advice and sounds like the programmer and stat are the way to go for less than £100. Awesome 🤗🤗👍🤞🏻

image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back