Central Locking : Hab Door Unlocks, but won’t Lock!? (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Neuvo
Exp
Newbie!
Hi Gang,
I’ve read quite a few threads with similar problems - their‘s hasn’t been quite the same nor the suggested fixes worked.

I’ve a 2019 AS Neuvo (Peugeot Boxer base). Had it about a year and never had any problems with key fob & dashboard central locking. In prep for a long trip, I tested that my Hab garage keys would lock/unlock the Hab door. It did and off we went happily.

I can’t be exactly sure, but it feels like ever since then, central locking (fob or dashboard) will happily unlock the Hab door, but never lock it. Needs to be done either with a manual push internally or the ‘garage key’ externally. This is generally annoying, but really is a pain due to how we Split keys for security.

I’ve tried powering down van & Hab electrics; every combination of central + manual locking to ‘re-sync’ I can think of. Some suggested cleaning contacts - there are none to be seen. I’ve tried slamming and leaning on the door. No luck.

Seems weird it happily unlocks consistently.

Anyone managed to rectify (hopefully without a trip to the dealer)?

Thnx,
Heeb

Jun 30, 2022
Odd Rode, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Newbie 2022 (previously towed a sleurhut [NL])
On my Ducato-based Adria central locking fails to lock the habitation door if the key slot on the habitation door lock is not aligned vertically (same as the cab doors), which sometimes happens if my wife has unlocked the hab door with her manual key.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back