Camping and caravan club (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Has anyone had a refund/credit yet off them yet for cancelled ferries , I have sent them a few emails but only got automated replies off them. Brittney ferries where very quick to send a credit note for one ferry trip but the c&cc seemed to be dragging their feet a bit . I know they will be under a lot of pressure at the moment and in the overall scheme of things it does not matter at all but was just wondering .

Last edited:

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Had a call from Keswick warden this morning, refunding site bookings, they said the Sites were doing their own and contact centre was doing ferries etc. Guess it’s just timing, take it you’ve had an email confirming that they will phone you, that’s what happened for us?

on the same type of topic, we are waiting for BA to cancel our flights to Vancouver in May, hotel we’re quicker off the mark and have already cancelled and refunded us!

Bill

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Had a call from Keswick warden this morning, refunding site bookings, they said the Sites were doing their own and contact centre was doing ferries etc. Guess it’s just timing, take it you’ve had an email confirming that they will phone you, that’s what happened for us?

on the same type of topic, we are waiting for BA to cancel our flights to Vancouver in May, hotel we’re quicker off the mark and have already cancelled and refunded us!

Bill

yes I had a couple of emails off them but I think they where just automated ones ,so I guess time will tell ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year

Bill
We had just paid a deposit against our holiday and cruise from Vancouver in June. Am carrying it forward and hope to be doing the exact same holiday same time next year!

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
We’re due a refund for a rally. Apparently the person is waiting on a cheque book as the acc used doesn’t allow for bank transfer!

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Probably hardly anyone working in office as they are not essential workers. Warden’s on sites more for security.

May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Had a call from Chipping Norton site couple of days ago offering a refund of the deposit I'd paid. Received it the same day (y)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I had a full refund of £470 for the Bilbao to Portsmouth crossing originally scheduled for the 7th of April
came home on the tunnel on the 18th of last month after we decided to drive back up through France and get home ASAP

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Kind of.
Had a call on Thursday from a very helpful young lady from the club.
We were due to go to France over Easter weekend.
They have refunded the site we booked through them but the tunnel crossing has been deferred.
I’ve received an email showing the refund and the crossing is shown as 30th of December to 3rd of January for some reason but a note saying to phone before 30.12 to rebook.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Due at Barnards Castle the day they closed the sites and got a refund within a day from the C&CC for that and the next one we were booked into.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I had a full refund of £470 for the Bilbao to Portsmouth crossing originally scheduled for the 7th of April
came home on the tunnel on the 18th of last month after we decided to drive back up through France and get home ASAP
This is why I was asking we where due to come back on the same sailing but on the 2 April but it was cancelled but have heard nothing as yet . Hopefully we will hear something soon ,I suppose if the staff are working from home some will work faster than others ?

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
What’s all this about deposits and prepayments?
We use CAMC sites all the time and can’t remember ever having to pay in advance

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Brittany Ferries issued me with a voucher for cancelled Santandar/Portsmouth ferry. Not received any paperwork yet and have asked for refund rather than voucher. Just got a standard letter trying to explain why they are issuing vouchers. Ongoing.

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Was this refund direct from Brittany Ferries or through CCC.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Brittany Ferries issued me with a voucher for cancelled Santandar/Portsmouth ferry. Not received any paperwork yet and have asked for refund rather than voucher. Just got a standard letter trying to explain why they are issuing vouchers. Ongoing.

Brittany ferries where very good and very fast ,they gave me a credit for another ferry booking within about a week from when they cancelled it . A credit is fine for us ,if this thing is every over we will use it then. I assume that Bf refunded the c&cc so its them that seem to be dragging their feet a bit. Time will tell ?

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Was this refund direct from Brittany Ferries or through CCC.
through the C&CC (carefree travel department )
1CA8E601-C032-46E9-81A3-FF49D07093EB.png

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
through the C&CC (carefree travel department )View attachment 375138
Thanks Neil, unfortunately I booked direct with BF. Sods law at work here I normally book with the Club but got stung by changing booking last winter so decided to go with BF. Nevermind we will just have to go back next winter and use the voucher. ??

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We had just paid a deposit against our holiday and cruise from Vancouver in June. Am carrying it forward and hope to be doing the exact same holiday same time next year!

Hi,
Was that on Queen Elizabeth?
We had that one cancelled, not that Cunard told us. They just cancelled that 6 alpha numeric Booking Ref. and then moved the ship to Australia.
They have had it as far as future cruises with them as far as we are concerned.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Hi,
Was that on Queen Elizabeth?
We had that one cancelled, not that Cunard told us. They just cancelled that 6 alpha numeric Booking Ref. and then moved the ship to Australia.
They have had it as far as future cruises with them as far as we are concerned.

No it was with Celebrity Cruises - Eclipse. celebrity cruises didn’t tell us either just the travel agent the day before final payment was due although we already knew about the banning of ships into Vancouver so knew it couldn’t go ahead.

Celebrity are offering 125% against our 100% towards another holiday if we stay with them, travel agent said the holiday if exactly the same should be the same price, I said should be cheaper because of the 125%! Not heard back yet

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We haven't had so much as the sweat off a stokers neckerchief.
Cunard moved the ship and the Travel Agent didn't tell us either.
The first we knew was when the TA sent us a 'Flyer' promoting the 'new' venue of the ship for a cruise on that same ship at a time when we should have been aboard 5000 miles away. That was before they told us the cruise had been cancelled.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
I cancelled my 15th march ferry plymouth-roscoff booked via C&CC and the return on 29th april.I did this around about 12th due to the increased CV and doc's advice not to go.No money back from the 15th £177.72 cancellation charge and £59.63 cancellation charge from the return journey £118 approx paid back into credit card account.Lines are too busy to take it any further with halifax clarity card and /or nationwide flexplus.Although I have been offered the shortfall via nationwide less £100 for the claim.As said they're busy dealing with more important stuff at the moment.

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
C&MC you pay on arrival, C&CC deposit or full payment in advance.
Another reason why we cancelled our subscription with C&CC , that and the rules about booking a minimum time at places like Keswick. I’m the customer , I should say how many nights I book for .

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
I've been unable to cancel I have for a site booking at the beginnning of June. I'm not able t get through to their contact centre, nor can I log into their website. I've had no response to any email that I have sent. I just want a refund for my deposit, £150

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've been unable to cancel I have for a site booking at the beginnning of June. I'm not able t get through to their contact centre, nor can I log into their website. I've had no response to any email that I have sent. I just want a refund for my deposit, £150

Like most companies, they are probably not operating. Call them after the lockdown is lifted.

Agzy

Free Member
Jan 6, 2020
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
Kind of.
Had a call on Thursday from a very helpful young lady from the club.
We were due to go to France over Easter weekend.
They have refunded the site we booked through them but the tunnel crossing has been deferred.
I’ve received an email showing the refund and the crossing is shown as 30th of December to 3rd of January for some reason but a note saying to phone before 30.12 to rebook.
No sailing between thos date so that is why they placing pending bookings on those dates so no clashes with actual bookings.

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Hi

It’s not important now ,in light of everything going on , and I work for a company making ventilators so Covid related work ,so no time for a holiday anyway ,but we were due to travel to France this week and have had no contact from the camping club despite sending Emails.

Daniel.

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Update.
I did get a call from camping club yesterday afternoon. Due to travel this morning on euro tunnel.

Waiting on result of discussion as I originally booked these tickets last September for Christmas and then moved them due to illness and death in the family, and now they (Eurotunnel ) are saying I can’t move them beyond September this year. .... I already have all my summer ferries booked so won’t even able to use them most likely even if we are allowed to travel.

Let’s see how eurotunnel step up as I have few friends who have been told by eurotunnel tough we are running it’s not our problem you can’t use the ticket ....

Daniel.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Credit where credit is due (no pun intended) to the C&CC a full refund for my cancelled trip from Bilbao to Portsmouth back on April 2nd. ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back