Calor gas 6kg - help please? (1 Viewer)

May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
First night at Deepdale Burnham, Norfolk camp site, lovely place!

Unfortunately I have run out of gas, I knew one cylinder was low, but thought my second cylinder was full, it was empty, and now I have no gas. The site does sell it, but they have no full 6kg cylinders.
You can imagine how popular I am, so any facetious comments will be as nothing! But any help would be appreciated. Here’s hoping....thanks for reading this, and check your supplier!

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
do they need to be 6kg? try looking on gumtree or ebay? there are a few on gumtree in the norfolk area, mainly 13kg but some do have gas in them??

i have just sent a couple of messages using my wifes facebook account, there are a couple in norfolk area

one has responded yes, with a full 7kg flogas bottle that is still available if you can collect it - just getting his location

he is in Roughton, Cromer, no idea how far you are? £30 and he says its full .....

Last edited:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Morrisons fakenham might be worth a ring. A calor supplier at kings lynn delivers to the sites, Bacons at bawsey near the crematorium is where they are.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Caravan supplier plus campsites plus hardware merchants plus ship's chandlers in Wells next the Sea.
Campsites in Hunstanton (eg Searles) plus hardware merchants in Hunstanton.

Worst case scenario: King's Lynn or Norwich

Gordon

"Let your fingers do the walking!"

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Maybe he has run out of data also?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
bit strange to ask for help, then when you get it, to totally ignore the responses? or is it just me ....
A bitt OTT, the question you quoted was posted at 7:25, you posted at 8:18. who gets up that early when away in the van I certainly don't, not everyone looks at the forum every 5 min (except me).

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I hope you have found some gas by now, but if not try

Broken Link Removed:{referrer:source?}&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en-GBGB347

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
A bitt OTT, the question you quoted was posted at 7:25, you posted at 8:18. who gets up that early when away in the van I certainly don't, not everyone looks at the forum every 5 min (except me).
I miss understood I thought he was desperate, that’s why I suggested Morrisons at fakenham as they would be open till 10pm

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I was referring to Mister B comment that's why I quoted him.
I too thought he was desperate ....and the post was made last night asking for help, not this morning ... I think you may have not looked at the timings correctly ...the post was made at 5.22 PM yesterday ...stating he was desperate ....my follow up was this morning after someone else had asked if he managed to get gas ..

Hardly inappropriate in my view ...

OP
OP
E
May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
Hi, thanks to all who answered, I am limited to 6 kg bottles to fit into the locker. I had forgotten that I also have a camping gas stove with its gas canister tucked away - which I sometimes use to cook bacon outside the van. Also a micro wave and we are on ehu. So although I am eager to get 6. kg refills, maybe not “desperate” now. I do want to source some to pick up on my way back to the West Midlands on Friday, but management is not keen on using valuable holiday time driving around on a search. I have searched the inter web etc., but nothing beats local knowledge. You may be surprised to know how many advertise gas but don’t have it. And as I am on holiday I have not checked for responses as often as many of you would like. Sorry for not “standing down” the funsters emergency service. My penance is meals out!

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
6kg bottles are rarer than rocking horse pooh at the moment. I tried to get one last week, had to try three outlets before I got my hands on their last bottle.

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We had the same problem with 6kg bottles in Norfolk in May. Bought a Remoska in Norwich to use while on EHU as a work around and picked up a refill when back in Somerset. 6 kgs seem to have the worst shortage, there are no new bottles but if you have an empty there are refills if you search. Enjoy your holiday.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
If you have a contract with Calor or Flogas they'll supply you with a full one and deliver it to you. Contracts are being fulfilled, single purchases aren't.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back