Burstner Delivery Delay (1 Viewer)

RCRich

Free Member
Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Just received the bad news that my new Burstner motorhome due delivery in April is now delayed till June, possibly July!

Lack of parts due to covid is the reason given.

Aug 2, 2019
Hapton, Burnley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Since 2007
I expect a lot of order delays this year as Fiat cannot supply enough chassis - as I have heard - to converters. We ordered 2 Campervans for February delivery for our Campervan hire company. We were so lucky that our dealer let us know that we could expect delivery June/July or we could cancel our order.
We cancelled and now taking semi retirement.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Just received the bad news that my new Burstner motorhome due delivery in April is now delayed till June, possibly July!

In our experience this has always happened. Covid or no covid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years

On a positive note it will be just in time to be able to use it. Those long hot summer days await. Sitting on your recliner and admiring your beautiful new van

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Hurts when delivery dates are not met. Feel for you.
This is what is putting me off ordering a new van. They will give a delivery date but it WILL NOT be met, you then have to guess when it might get delivered.
Hoping we can find what we want on the dealers forecourt ready to go.

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
We had same in 2017, (Burstner) April delivery date came and went, eventually arrived in UK in June (we went to check it out) and couldn’t get pick up date until 11th July!! We’d booked holidays for August so was getting edgy as sold previous one in March!
Think I recalled seeing small print on order form that April was really a guesstimate type of thing.......

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
A contract is a two-way agreement.

What happens if one stipulates that there is an £xxx penalty per month for late delivery.

The dealer can pass that on to the Manufacturer, who can pass it on to the chassis builder.

If we all did that the market would dry up .....or they would all accept it.

Unfortunately not enough buyers have the guts or the sense to do that.

We, the end-user, are their market. It is our money not theirs.

Geoff

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
In a lot of our contracts we had a penalty if we did not delivery on due date. Why not when spending £10s thousands on an item.

OP
OP
R

RCRich

Free Member
Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD690G
Exp
Hurts when delivery dates are not met. Feel for you.
This is what is putting me off ordering a new van. They will give a delivery date but it WILL NOT be met, you then have to guess when it might get delivered.
Hoping we can find what we want on the dealers forecourt ready to go.
Good luck with your search. We couldn’t find any used motorhome that met our requirements. There isn’t much choice about, and it became too difficult to travel round the country to view.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Good luck with your search. We couldn’t find any used motorhome that met our requirements. There isn’t much choice about, and it became too difficult to travel round the country to view.
A few dealers have got new vans for sale. However, it's pot luck if they meet the spec you want.
A particular van i could be interested in is available as i type, don't know what the specs are and don't as yet know what could be retro fitted if not on the van already...........and more to the point if they will still be available as and when i make the inquiry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back