burstner a647

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by tattoobluedog12345, Oct 28, 2014.

1. tattoobluedog12345

tattoobluedog12345

Ratings:
    +3
    hi can anyone help please
    my n/s/top side marker light is not working, i cannot find out where the wires connect to, also I have tried the following - removing the lamp cleaned all points and refit with new bulb still not working.
    I cannot find where the wires run out, but on the o/s I can see the wires coming out underneath the corner.

thank you

2. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Ratings:
    +1,404
    Have you tried checking the connections on the light with a multimeter to see if power is there? Reason for asking is that I had a similar problem with a rear light on my Hymer. Cleaned the contacts, changed the bulb - zilch. Checked with multimeter and no power to the fitting. Eventually found that it was due to a poor earth connection, cleaned that up and it worked fine.

Mike

3. tattoobluedog12345

tattoobluedog12345

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for your reply I have tried all that you have said no power but I cannot see where the wire from n/s top marker light comes out from, yet on the o/s I can see where the wire come out and fit to the rear lamp.
    if I could fine the end of the marker light cable I would have just connected it to one of the side marker lights.
    so I am stumped now if at first I don't succeed I will try and try again.

thank you

4. tattoobluedog12345

tattoobluedog12345

Ratings:
    +3
    please can anyone help