Brownie points with Mrs then just disappeared (music) (1 Viewer)

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
My wife is retired and was looking at musical instruments with a view to picking up a new one.
she loves her Korg Kross and playing the recorder and fancied something woodwind.
She was looking at clarinet and saxophone and leaning towards clarinet as the cost less.

So with her dithering, I took the plunge and ordered her a sax, last week. On Friday night she showed me a sax on her iPad saying if she was to get one this would be the one she would pick. I struggled to hide the grin I could feel trying to get out when she showed me a picture of the one I had ordered from the shop I had ordered from.
When it arrived and she opened it Mr T got lots of hugs and kisses and thankyou’s. Later these turned into tears of despair when she realised that a childhood problem meant she didn’t have enough strength on the side of her mouth to be able to get a note out.
tried a better mouth piece and the softest reed but despite being better, she just can’t manage.

So now I get to learn the sax myself when I have done next to nothing musical since school but I have managed to get some points back when a new glockenspiel arrived today.

And who knew that being able to play a few bars of “Mary had a little lamb” could give you such a sense of achievement in my case !!

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
She should persevere!

I got 2 of my flutes refurbished last year, after a 30 year gap, could not get a note at all to start with. After weeks of rather horrible sounds I was getting basic scales. Now I am producing some respectable tunes and my wife does not complain.

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
My wife plays Sax and Clarinet and if she doesn't play for a while she loses her embouchure. It does take a long time to build the muscles to be able to play well. I would say stick with it....it will come.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: adt

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back