Brittany Ferries Prepaid Euro Card (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2018
Musbury, Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i414
Exp
Since 2014
Does anyone here have one of these prepaid euro cards for use across the Channel. Just received an email saying they are closing the programme. I was wondering if it was spam as they are offering to refund my money. Their website shows no indication of shut down.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Does anyone here have one of these prepaid euro cards for use across the Channel. Just received an email saying they are closing the programme. I was wondering if it was spam as they are offering to refund my money. Their website shows no indication of shut down.
It’s not spam. The only reason I know this is because DBK wondered the very same and either he or someone on his thread enquired and found out. You’re right to be cautious though. It would be helpful I agree if it was on their website.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm going to try mine in a UK ATM and withdraw the balance that way. It might leave a few pounds left as it can only be to the nearest £10 - but I'm not too fussed about that. I'm more comfortable doing it this way than their way which involves sending proof of bank account details to a company I've never heard of.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for the reassuring advice, I will follow your lead and try an atm. I agree the bank transfer had me wondering.
Not good new today. I tried buying some stuff in Tesco with this card and it was declined. The same happened when I went to an ATM. It wouldn't even show me my balance.

Have you still got a copy of the email? I foolishly deleted mine as I thought it was a scam! If you could copy and paste the main bit about how to obtain a refund I would be very grateful. I have tried emailing them at pct.enquiries@exelaonline.com which is the email address BF gave me but it might take them a while to respond. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rosie and David
Aug 19, 2018
Musbury, Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i414
Exp
Since 2014
We have taken the difficult decision to close the Brittany Ferries Mastercard Prepaid Euro Card Programme as of the 30th April 2021.

What are your options?

1. Spend any existing funds

We recommend that use your card to spend on or withdraw the funds currently loaded on your card before the 30th April 2021.

2. Apply for a refund

We will be happy to give you a refund of the remaining balance on your card free of charge, at market rates. Please email pct.enquiries@exelaonline.com quoting ‘Refund Required’ along with a proof of bank details in order for the refund to be processed. Please note refunds can take up to 28 days.

3. Changes to your Terms & Conditions

If we do not hear from you before the date of closure, any remaining balance will be held within a secure ringfenced account for 6 years and subject to a monthly archiving fee of £2.50 until the balance is claimed in full or the 6 years passes. For full terms and conditions please <Broken link removed>

If you have any questions, please email pct.enquiries@exelaonline.com

Kind regards,

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Rosie and David
Aug 19, 2018
Musbury, Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i414
Exp
Since 2014
I tried contacting them using the email address on the Brittany Ferries website. That is not working and I have had no reply from the email address above either

OP
OP
Rosie and David
Aug 19, 2018
Musbury, Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i414
Exp
Since 2014
I visited my local ATM and managed to extract some cash. Now got to work out if I can get the rest as the machine has limits and the exchange rate swallowed a lot, but some progress at least.

Reedy

Free Member
Mar 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one
Not good new today. I tried buying some stuff in Tesco with this card and it was declined. The same happened when I went to an ATM. It wouldn't even show me my balance.

Have you still got a copy of the email? I foolishly deleted mine as I thought it was a scam! If you could copy and paste the main bit about how to obtain a refund I would be very grateful. I have tried emailing them at pct.enquiries@exelaonline.com which is the email address BF gave me but it might take them a while to respond. :)
I have been trying to get my money back from my Brittany Ferries Euro card for the past 5 months. I have sent about 10 emails to pct.enquiries, I have even sent them copies of my bank statements, so they can refund me, I am still waiting. Got an email last week from Tuxedo money, to say if I don't claim my money back they are going to charge a monthly fee for the next 6 years. I don't know what to do next

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have been trying to get my money back from my Brittany Ferries Euro card for the past 5 months. I have sent about 10 emails to pct.enquiries, I have even sent them copies of my bank statements, so they can refund me, I am still waiting. Got an email last week from Tuxedo money, to say if I don't claim my money back they are going to charge a monthly fee for the next 6 years. I don't know what to do next
I've had an email from them saying my refund is going to be processed within 28 days.

We shall see...

OP
OP
Rosie and David
Aug 19, 2018
Musbury, Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i414
Exp
Since 2014
I had 2 cards one of which expired on 28 February but still had money on it. It has now disappeared from the system. Normally they would have sent me a replacement but they have not. I did get £10 from a local ATM yesterday but it would not let me see the balance. I think I will have to email them again and try and get what is left on both cards transferred to my bank. Watch this space....

May 13, 2021
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Hello, I am a frequent user of Brittany Ferries and have a Prepaid Euro Card from them. I have been in regular contact with pct.enquiries@exelaonline.com since 26th February and have been repeatedly lied to. Hence finding your site when trying to find out what was happening. I have now received an email from SMbx CustomerCare <customercare@omnio.global> asking for my card number..... it seems like our money is being sold on. I am looking into complaining to the Financial Ombudsman and they ask if you are making a joint complaint with others. Have any Motorhome owners received any money yet? If not would anyone be interested in making a joint claim - it might carry more weight.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm in the same boat, so to speak, but my next step is to contact Brittany Ferries. I saw the card as a Brittany Ferries' product. The fact they contracted it out to someone else should be their problem. I subscribed to the card on the BF website.

Edit: By an amazing coincidence there has just been an item on the local (South West) BBC news a few moments ago. BF say the BACS transfers will happen this week.

We shall see.....

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
A Tavistock man has just been on our local news re this.
The chaps been waiting since, wait for it, January!!!

The programme were told that the BACS transfer will be done this week, (Oh yea?)

Whether this was for everyone in the queue or just for the Tavistock man, I couldn't say, (and neither did they. )

OP
OP
Rosie and David
Aug 19, 2018
Musbury, Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i414
Exp
Since 2014
Towards the end of March I contacted them and asked for a refund via transfer and their reply was that it would take up to 28 days which is strange in these days of instant money transfers. It still has not happened. They sent me another email on 26 April telling me the programme was closing on 30 April, which I knew as it was the same email from 26 February, just a different date. Still waiting.....

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Brittany ferries probably not flush with money at the moment!

May 13, 2021
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Brittany ferries probably not flush with money at the moment!
But this is OUR money! The scheme was run by a "finance company" who appears to have "sold on" our money.

Adepaint

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking.
I'm glad I've found out that there's others in the same situation as myself. I've been constantly lied to about this refund, saying it was sent when it clearly hasn't.
I've emailed Brittany ferries customer service again, even though it's technically nothing to do with them I bought it from their website and its got their name across it. If anyone gets any further information post it here, it would be a great help and keep on emailing Brittany ferries, thanks!

Mike Reid

Free Member
May 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
But this is OUR money! The scheme was run by a "finance company" who appears to have "sold on" our money.
I posted this on Brittanys facebook page

@brittanyFerries
When is Brittany going to step in and sort out the scandal of its prepaid Eurocards that the various small companies handling it have failed to refund since February after they were cancelled by Brittany.
Who the hell are:-
Omnio London Ltd
Change account Ltd
Tuxedo money termnial Ltd
Payment cloud holdings Ltd
Tuxedo Money Plus LTD
Tuxedo money remittance Ltd
Tuxedo Money solutions Ltd
Carddotvision Ltd
Corpdotvision Ltd
Paymentcloud technologies Ltd
Paymentdotvision Ltg

All at Floor 8, Waverley house, 7-12 Noel Street Soho London, England W1F 8GQ and seem to pass complaints from one to another.

Adepaint

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking.
And Payment Card Technologies!
Go on the financial ombudsman website and start a complaint with them, hopefully the more people who raise an issue with them it may be looked into.
Brittany ferries are ignoring my emails regarding this now and so are the PCT email address too.
Can you put this on Brittany ferries Twitter feed, I'm not on twitter.

Adepaint

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking.
Someone's watching this! Just had an email from Brittany ferries customer service providing me with a phone number to try regarding this literally minutes after saying Brittany ferries are ignoring me. I feel they are still responsible as the last advice note from my last purchase of euro's stated their address in Plymouth as the company I was purchasing from.

Mike Reid

Free Member
May 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet

@brittanyFerries
When is Brittany going to step in and sort out the scandal of its prepaid Eurocards that the various small companies handling it have failed to refund since February after they were cancelled by Brittany.
Omnio London Ltd
Change account Ltd
Tuxedo Money Plus LTD
Carddotvision Ltd
Corpdotvision Ltd
Paymentdotvision Ltg

All at Floor 8, Waverley house, 7-12 Noel Street Soho London, England W1F 8GQ and seem to pass complaints from one to another.
the cards were run by www.banctec.com which is Excela technologies. communication were at first with that company but they seem to have passed the money on to a group of dodgy looking companies as above. Time to go to the FSA

Mike Reid

Free Member
May 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I've traced this back to Wirecard, who took over the Brittany card at some point before December 2020. Wirecard went bust in a massive fraud
I'm pretty sure we have all lost our money. Sorry to bring bad news, I've lost north of £2000.

Adepaint

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking.
I've read about that before, I used my card successfully in France until the middle of August 2020, I've got about 745 euro's on mine still....

Mike Reid

Free Member
May 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet

@brittanyFerries
Omnio London Ltd
Change account Ltd
Tuxedo Money Plus LTD
Carddotvision Ltd
Corpdotvision Ltd
Paymentdotvision Ltg

Brittany Ferries
Hello Mike, I am sorry to hear that you have had issues in receiving your refund, if you'd like to send us your detail via PM we ask Omnio to contact you ^JE

Brittany Ferries I dont think there is any point in asking Omnio to contact us, the many customers waiting for refunds have been in communication multiple times, they (or others, see original post) always just ask for details again , say its been processed (untrue) or stall in some other way.
We need to confirm answers to some questions:-
a) is the Brittanny card part of the major Wirecard fraud? (I know the Brittany card was handled by Wirecard at one point)
We know the card was run first by Banctec, then Wirecard. We have ourselves since had communications from TuxedoMoney, PayrNet, Excela and Omnio.
b) why are there all these dubious companies involved, was our credit "sold on"?
We have lodged a complaint with the Financial Conduct Authority. We are considering if the police might take an interest.
These companies keep asking for bank statements, something they should not need to return money to the accounts it came from, we sent a redacted bank statement, others may be sending sensitive information which could be used for fraudulent ends.
This situation is having a very damaging effect on the Brittany reputation and there is a need for Brittany to explain to cardholders what has happened and is happening. If our money has been stolen we need to know, if it is still there we need Brittany to force these various companies to process repayment
Mike and Carol Reid (also PMed).

Mike Reid

Free Member
May 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Surprise , Payrnet refunded my money!

May 13, 2021
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
(wife is still waiting)
Money refunded - 21 weeks and numerous emails after initial refund request. I don't know what triggered it but these are some extracts from a recent email I sent:

I am making an official complaint to you, PayrNet Ltd , as issuers of Brittany Ferries Prepaid Eurocards.....

You must resolve this within 3 business days or you are required to respond in writing to let me know that you have received my complaint and explaining why you need more time to investigate it.

I will be writing to the Financial Ombudsman Service and commencing proceedings against you in the County Court. I will get the Court to order you to pay, and take further steps, using bailiffs if necessary, to acquire my money.

Good luck to anyone still waiting

GemGil

Free Member
Jan 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Dreaming
Hello, this makes interesting reading. Can I please ask Carol Read which email address you sent your message to?
Many thanks and well done.
GG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back