Bike rack, ladder and awning, Autocruise Vista (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2021
Ludgershall, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Vista
Exp
I'm a newbie
Spent the weekend looking over my new motorhome and trying to work out what needs doing.

It came with a Fiamma Bike Rack framework and ladder attached along with an unused Kampa Rally 200 awning.

1. I want to carry a Freego Eagle E-Bike and a standard Hybrid on the back. Would it be more sensible to buy a whole new rack for e-bikes or just the fixings with telescopic rails so I can open the rear door? I haven't measured yet, but suspect the bikes will project out onto the right hand side, so that would be a non-starter anyway?

2. It looks as though the awing can mount to the rear rail, but I am unsure if that will work with the ladder in place?

3. Will I get any use out of the ladder? There is only the solar panel on the roof and no real room to mount anything, should I just use a normal ladder at home to access the roof when I need to clean and inspect it? Is it just a case of unbolt and bung the holes?

Still a newbie, so sorry of these seems like daft questions!

Attachments

• Bike Rack.jpg
    Bike Rack.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Rear Ladder.jpg
    Rear Ladder.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Roof.jpg
    Roof.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 43
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
In my view the rack will not work for cycles, sticking out and blocking door. The awning would need the ladder removing. If you don't have a roof mounted storage box then yes you can remove the ladder. The door must snag on the ladder?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M
Feb 16, 2021
Ludgershall, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Vista
Exp
I'm a newbie
As an alternate thought to a towbar and bike rack, how about one of the wide step bars I have seen on some motorhomes? I think they’re designed as motorcycle racks running the width of the van but could serve as both a step into the back door and have the bike mounts on either side?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back