Big problem! (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot New Life
Exp
Since 2017
Hi folks. We are currently driving round the coast of the UK for 3 months, today marks the start of week 3. Something has happened to either the pipework or the boiler. The boiler was making a strange noise this morning, it sounded as though it was empty. I thought we had just run out of water, which surprised me tbh because we hadn't used that much. Anyway, we filled up. Boiler started making the same noise when we turned the water pump back on. We were in a tiny village in Wales so decided to leave the pump off while we travelled, and have just arrived in Lytham. When I turned the pump on, water began pouring from the outside, and then we realised it was accumulating in the boiler cupboard too - we have just checked it again and it is not coming from anytime that are visible. Managed to get a mobile motorhome mechanic out to have a look - he said it can't be fixed remotely so we have it booked in somewhere at 4pm tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea what it could be, and if it is likely to be fixable? We have 5 rescue dogs with us so can't book in anywhere easily. We have a Peugeot New Life motorhome, and it is a Truma boiler.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Could just be a hose that's came adrift but no way of knowing until it's investigated
If you can survive with a kettle you could get the water supply pipe blanked off and proceed with your trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Had the same problem when we first got the van . The bottom value was leaking on the boiler .
Pictures will help confirm what it is .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Sep 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot New Life
Exp
Since 2017
I did think about pics, but there is honestly nothing to see apart from a load of water running from the outside of the van - can't see a think inside, again except a puddle. Thanks all anyway, we will keep our fingers crossed for 4pm tomorrow. 😊

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
Thinking generally what’s been said above, your mobile mechanic should have spotted this and can’t understand why it wasn’t sorted on site, so possibly a bigger problem. Good luck I wish you and your dogs 🐕 well.🥲

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Sep 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot New Life
Exp
Since 2017
Good luck Begley - this forum and it's members are hugely knowledgeable and supportive. Let us know how you get on :)
I will. Thank you all so much. Going to make the most of a big relax tomorrow and then find something to entertain 5 pugs and a frenchie in Lytham for a couple of hours while we (hopefully!) get back on the road 🙂

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Sep 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot New Life
Exp
Since 2017
Happy to report that we are sorted. It was the pipe that fills the boiler - it needed replacing. Lovely chap did it, all sorted in a couple of hours. Thanks to all that wished us well! Tomorrow Blackpool then up to Dumfries via Morecambe. Give us a wave if you see us!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back