Bessacar charging (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Carado t447
Hi Can anyone help? I have a Bassacar 442 with a EC450 electrical control. The problem is i have had the mains connected for 3 days and when i removed the mains, the display showed the leisure battery is green and flashing and the engine battery is amber and flashing. Does this mean, both batteries are connected, leisure battery fully charged and the engine battery low or declining? In this situation can the engine battery be discharged and so be dead when I next come to it.

I ran the van for 30 miles but the engine battery was still the same. Looking at the manual it does not tell you how to change the battery charge priority if that is what it is. could anyone point me in the right direction.

Much appreciate any reply.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Not 100% sure you have to but I switch mine over on the panel when it’s parked up for a while to make sure both are getting charged.

On ours it’s the button in the middle of the battery level display.

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
When static and on ehu you have to select on the control panel which battery you want to charge...I don't think both can charge at the same time when static. When driving/ engine running both battery indicators on control panel should be flashing....this confirms both batteries are being charged. That's how it works on my 2013 E520 with an EC450. Hope that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Oct 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Carado t447
Thanks very much for your reply, i've never seen them before as i am normally driving. So the colour of the light doesn't matter, i thought they were which battery was charging.

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Thanks very much for your reply, i've never seen them before as i am normally driving. So the colour of the light doesn't matter, i thought they were which battery was charging.
In my handbook it just says when both lights flash both batteries are being charged by the engine/ alternator.

OP
OP
M
Oct 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Carado t447
Thanks very much for clearing that up 🙌

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun