Be Gentle! I'm venturing into the world of Off Grid Living!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
Currently converting
Hi all!!!

Thought I'd introduce myself....... :smiley: HELLO!👋. Currently early stage build of my Pug Boxer L4. I wont go into detail as of why as I'm bored of explaining. Luckily for me building this kinda thing is what I do. I stumbled across this page and thought why not join in. Hoping to receive/share knowledge and advice.

Dan ;)

pug1.png

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Welcome, you have definitely come to the right place Dan.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Welcome aboard, look forward to seeing you post details of the conversion, and will help others in future. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello, from the other side of the channel. All help and advices are here and probably only here. Big.. no, better than big....huge family with constant care...and a bit of banter now and then.. Hot threads sometimes, but....just as in any normal family!
Bienvenue de ma part aussi!

Frankie

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Welcome
Would be good to see a build thread of your camper as you do it. 👍
Happy travels. 👍

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
LOL You say you upset a poor sensitive soul, then call him “Statsi”

In fact it’s one man doing a great job running “his’ forum with simple rules, the main one is “be nice”

If someone’s a knob, he bans them! If some is being a bit of a knob he sends them to Coventry and if someone posts something unnecessary, he deletes it.

He started the forum as he didn’t like the rules on the old, now defunct forum, it’s a good way of putting your money where your mouth is when you object to the rules, so it’s said!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The reference to Stasi was tongue in cheek.

I can't see Jim deleting this off his own bat. It is more likely that some gentle soul has become offended on someone else's behalf and reported my post.

I am a moderator on another forum and know the rules and the deletion of my post here was unnecessary.
In your opinion!

But to the site owner it was necessary, otherwise he wouldn’t have deleted it.

When I was exhibiting at the NEC every now and again my staff would raise their eyes heavenwards as I told someone in no uncertain terms that their question was bloody stupid and they must be morons.

I would then get a bollocking from my ‘boss’

My wife would say, their new, they don’t know their question is stupid, nor do they know it’s the hundredth time you’ve been asked it today, nor do they know that the first time you answered with a smile.

I think when new members brave their first post, if people can’t say anything nice, they shouldn’t say anything

And I am far away from a poor gentle soul

Deleted User
Brilliant!

This is the sort of silly banter, posted by argumentive "members" that I love to follow!

It's like watching a car race at a dangerous corner waiting for the crash.

Keep going please...

JJ :cool:
No problem, just choose a subject. Preferably one that involves wokey blokeys and girlies (and all stops in between). Teachers and members of the Labour Party are fair game also.

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
You got away lightly. My post has been deleted by the forum Stasi as being "rude and unnecessary". Presumably I upset some sensitive soul.

It certainly is a bit rich signing up to a site expecting help and then stating that he can't be bothered to provide background.

As you say, two weeks between the original post and when I made mine and I would wager that the OP has not signed up and paid his fee.

I see no problem in calling out obvious time wasters. It was his attitude that was out of order, not mine.
I don't see anywhere in the original post where the OP asks for or expects help, he states he is hoping to be a fully active member i.e. in the future.

The OP also states that he doesn't want to go into the reasons why he is moving into off grid living, if he had said "I won't go into the reasons why", or "Please don't ask me why", would that have passed your attitude test?

Does it say Free Member under his avatar?

Two weeks (sorry one week ago) ago he introduced himself as.a new member and said "Hello", there is no reason, nor forum rule, for him to come back in any specified time to check responses, which in most cases, on most forums, is "Hi and welcome".

I cannot see where he has wasted your or anyone else's time. How you can say his "attitude was out of order" for saying hello, introducing himself and offering to be an active forum member is beyond me.

Before (if) you respond to this post, go back and read the OP slowly and consider his words.

Cheers
Red

Edit: "one week"

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The reference to Stasi was tongue in cheek.

I can't see Jim deleting this off his own bat. It is more likely that some gentle soul has become offended on someone else's behalf and reported my post.

I am a moderator on another forum and know the rules and the deletion of my post here was unnecessary.
I deleted it because you were rude. Go and be rude on your own forum. We aren’t rude here, I’ve just deleted you for a week, you’re lucky my inner Stasi would have seen you in Coventry for four. Read the rules here before you post again. Thanks.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't see anywhere in the original post where the OP asks for or expects help, he states he is hoping to be a fully active member i.e. in the future.

The OP also states that he doesn't want to go into the reasons why he is moving into off grid living, if he had said "I won't go into the reasons why", or "Please don't ask me why", would that have passed your attitude test?

Does it say Free Member under his avatar?

Two weeks (sorry one week ago) ago he introduced himself as.a new member and said "Hello", there is no reason, nor forum rule, for him to come back in any specified time to check responses, which in most cases, on most forums, is "Hi and welcome".

I cannot see where he has wasted your's or anyone else's time. How you can say his "attitude was out of order" for saying hello, introducing himself and offering to be an active forum member is beyond me.

Before (if) you respond to this post, go back and read the OP slowly and consider his words.

Cheers
Red

Edit: "one week"

Thank you. I am on the road and right now with very poor 3G Spanish internet. but would have said much the same as that.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Jim Hummm, Dear Pupil Jim, I know it might be difficult at times to read...especially if you're driving at the same time, and have to swap from Spanish into English and vice versa, but as a teacher , I do encourage you to take your time to read properly... from the beginning. Indeed... People in Coventry might find difficult to have hosts longer than initially planned...
....Just saying...!:censored::hi:
:*

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sometimes, if my mood is in a mischievous place and I feel the need to, I enjoy the fun of posting on Fun just how stupid I think someone is whilst staying within the rules of "niceness".

I am fully aware of just how silly and needy I am to derive pleasure for something as childish as this and I know I shouldn't bother but then hey... what else should I do?

At my stage in life I must find something to do... :wink:

JJ :cool:

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Sometimes, if my mood is in a mischievous place and I feel the need to, I enjoy the fun of posting on Fun just how stupid I think someone is whilst staying within the rules of "niceness".

I am fully aware of just how silly and needy I am to derive pleasure for something as childish as this and I know I shouldn't bother but then hey... what else should I do?

At my stage in life I must find something to do... :wink:

not a word:cool:
I totally agree, I believe we're all Adults and should be able to take a bit (lot for me) of banter without "throwing our toys out of the cot" or calling the "feelings police".

Perhaps this goes back to Jim 's comment on meanders thread about not many posts being "reported"... because we can all take it (aswel as dish it out) and, most of the time, it's reasonably light hearted.

However, I doubt even you JJ, have never felt the need to evicerate a new member of the forum in the pursuit of mischief and pleasure.

Cheers
Red.

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back