battery monitor (1 Viewer)

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
I have a battery monitor which connects to my mobile,but doesn't connect if you go more than 10ft away from the van.its connected to the engine battery and storage is 10 miles away.anyone know of a monitor that would give me that distance please.thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525-122747_ULTIMATE SPEED USBW 12 A1.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-122747_ULTIMATE SPEED USBW 12 A1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 7
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Sounds you battery monitor is communicating directly with your phone via Bluetooth. Bluetooth range is very limited.

It sound like what you want is something that uses the mobile phone network. Regardless, it means you'll need a device that takes a phone SIM. And you'll have to pay a small amount for data/texts.

I'm not sure what the best solution is. I've not seen a dedicated battery monitor that can do this. Victron setups with some of the add-on modules can do it, but that's really expensive. If all you're looking at is voltage, some cheap trackers also send you back voltage along with the location? Or do you already have Truma iNet? I think that can show battery voltage? I know how to make one, but I don't know of any cheap products that do it... ideas anyone???

OP
OP
G

Gary Molloy

Free Member
Aug 23, 2018
Funster No
Thanks,someone did mention a tracker before I posted.it saves me taking the battery off.the one I have gives me the information I need,but limited in distance.cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back