Hymerbrittany

Free Member
Aug 23, 2020
France
Funster No
MH
A class b694
Exp
On the way, I hope, with the interior issues Inc batteries and electrics. Turning my attention to the engineering side now... The last MOT before I bought the 694 showed one or two advisories I would appreciate some advice from experienced Hymer Ducato owners.

First off, it appears to drink shock absorbers. They are an advisory, but from the massive service history with the vehicle, they have been changed quite often. Any suggestions why? Brake pipes are an advisory also. Any advice on what to look for? Brakes - what is the preferred pad front and rear with others. Don't forget the 694 is a twin tag axle set up. And discs? Again any experience you can give me please.

Also as it is classified as a 4000 kg vehicle but weighs in at around 2500, do normal garages undertake this work for this weighted vehicle?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thank you again. John. šŸ˜·šŸ‡«šŸ‡·

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I can't specifically help with a Hymer but does not yours have a Alko rear chassis. Which end of the vehicle is the shock absorbers requiring repeated replacement?

Brake pipes advisories are usually for surface corrosion and I would just paint some grease on them to slow it down a bit. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back