B524 (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Could I ask how any owners of the above motorhome get on with their folding shower room system.

Is it quite robust?

Also what do you think of the van layout in general? Would it be well suited to a single full timer?

Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
Godot was inspired by the DVLA
We’ve only had a few nights in ours and find it no probs for 2 so it should be plenty big enough for 1..

( not got the fold away shower option in our version as we like the option to hang wetsuits up...)

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
We’ve only had a few nights in ours and find it no probs for 2 so it should be plenty big enough for 1..

( not got the fold away shower option in our version as we like the option to hang wetsuits up...)

Thanks. What have you got at the rear? Garage with single bed above? I was drawn towards the B584 as I thought if it's just me I'll be using the drop down bed but I really like the extra storage of the garage and the bed at the back doesn't seem to take away too much space overall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
The OP might get a better response if he indicated what period of Hymer production he's referring to.

I don't know over what period the B524 was made but the layout is shown in my 2004 Hymer brochure in both A class and overhead cab format.

I guess he's looking at the A class vehicle which seems to have quite a large bathroom. This bathroom is also common to the B584, 544, 614 and 624.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have had a couple of Hymers of 2004 and 2006 vintage which had the swing wall shower. It took a bit of mastering and I personally found it a tad tight and a bit of a game if I dropped the soap :)

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
I find No problem at all....Not to bother about folding the wall.Gives a lot more room!!
Obviously you have to move the BOG Roll!!::bigsmile:

Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
Thanks. What have you got at the rear? Garage with single bed above? I was drawn towards the B584 as I thought if it's just me I'll be using the drop down bed but I really like the extra storage of the garage and the bed at the back doesn't seem to take away too much space overall.

We have the Garage with single above- it’ll probably be used for storage more than for sleeping as the drop down is super easy to use - and comfortable.
I removed the double bike rack in the garage today, made some bungies to hold the picnic table and chairs against the back of the garage and tried fitting some windsurf boards in there - was surprised to be able to get 2 of them in , but not at the same time.
But I have an idea...
Also removed the telly and satellite receiver and will remove the antenna as soon as I’ve got a blanking cover for the roof penetration.
Anyone want to make me an offer?

Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
This is Saorsa..

Join us or log in to post a reply.