avtex tourer 2 caravan club sat nav (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson 786 XLB
Exp
I’m a newbie
Who has one of these? What a waste of money. Loaded with my Motorhome dimensions it nearly put me in a difficult situation if I followed it. Tried to send me down the Pebbles in St David’s in Pembrokeshire and I would have been faced with a major issue see photo. Thank god for google maps
B0CAE5F4-E179-46F6-8B2D-6EF1E6A1FBBD.jpeg

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Dedicated motorhome/caravan satnavs are only as good as their mapping. And in the UK there isn't a good source of road width data. None of the big providers collect road widths or width restrictions when they create their mapping. So these satnavs either have a choice of poor quality data, or inferred data (guessed!).

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Who has one of these? What a waste of money. Loaded with my Motorhome dimensions it nearly put me in a difficult situation if I followed it. Tried to send me down the Pebbles in St David’s in Pembrokeshire and I would have been faced with a major issue see photo. Thank god for google maps View attachment 534935
…and the Mk1 eyeball…..! ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 22, 2018
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
S and L Apollo
Exp
Since 2018
Who has one of these? What a waste of money. Loaded with my Motorhome dimensions it nearly put me in a difficult situation if I followed it. Tried to send me down the Pebbles in St David’s in Pembrokeshire
Same thing happened to us a week or so ago. Fortunately I was paying attention!

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Who has one of these? What a waste of money. Loaded with my Motorhome dimensions it nearly put me in a difficult situation if I followed it. Tried to send me down the Pebbles in St David’s in Pembrokeshire and I would have been faced with a major issue see photo. Thank god for google maps View attachment 534935
Partially agree. We've had this unit for over a year and in general it works very well, updates regulalry and has a speed camera add on.
Suggest you add at least one foot (12 inches) in all directions to your vehicle dimensions and that will reduce such issues.
As with all computers, you also need to apply common sense in following its suggestions. We commonly use the phrase "You cannot be serious" to some route recommendations and we carry a hard copy map plus Google Maps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
A Trucker’s Atlas - always a useful addition, imho!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back