Lincol

Free Member
Nov 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Trafic Campervan
Exp
Since 2016
On my newly acquired Avtex W102d TV I would like to use my Satellite receiver via a scart plug into the AV input 3.5 mm socket
My question is, what is the 3.5 mm plug required inti the TV ?, either a stereo type (3 contact, left and right audio wired together, video and earth) or 4 contact ( left audio, right audio, video and earth).
I would welcome any help with this
Lincol

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bad Choice Avtex in my opinion.

Can you press button D?

That usually sorts it out.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
3.5 mm plug is normally composite video and audio left and right. Scart to phono cables can have a switch to be either “in or out”.Not many units used 4 pin..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Lincol

Free Member
Nov 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Trafic Campervan
Exp
Since 2016
3.5 mm plug is normally composite video and audio left and right. Scart to phono cables can have a switch to be either “in or out”.Not many units used 4 pin..

Thanks, appreciate the scart in/out but surely video, right audio, left audio and earth (screen) constitutes 4 poles ?

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks, appreciate the scart in/out but surely video, right audio, left audio and earth (screen) constitutes 4 poles ?
Sorry, utter brain fade, it had been a long day! Yes you are correct it should be a four pole plug, something like this may do it. Amazon product ASIN B002P4DTYII wired up my Avtex for a composite feed ( can't remember why) and ended up cutting the cable and resoldering it as they messed with the "pin in" configuration and the wiring wasn't standard. Not an issue just a bit of a faff..
Can you not use an HDMI?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Lincol

Free Member
Nov 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Trafic Campervan
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks but No hdmi input on W102d TV.
It is several years old but fits our needs well and the picture is pretty good. The reason for the question was that I wasn't sure how many poles was in the AV socket on the TV (without taking TV apart). Might ring Avtex ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back