Anyone heading to Shetland? (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I know, lockdown and everything but my work have put a job up to Shetland without some door guides.

Thought I'd try here to see if anyone is booked up to Shetland in the next week or so.

A potato sack sized bag of some parts. Not too heavy and I'm sure a small payment could be arranged. I would drop off to anyone in Aberdeen before getting the ferry. Someone would pick up on the other side.

Give me a shout if anyone can help :giggle:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I know, lockdown and everything but my work have put a job up to Shetland without some door guides.

Thought I'd try here to see if anyone is booked up to Shetland in the next week or so.

A potato sack sized bag of some parts. Not too heavy and I'm sure a small payment could be arranged. I would drop off to anyone in Aberdeen before getting the ferry. Someone would pick up on the other side.

So you are a wimpy Scot who dares not cross the Pentland Firth in winter weather.

[I don't b;ame you: we used to fly Kirkwall-Wick at 1,000' and the windscreen used to get covered in salt spray which made seeing to land a bit tricky]

Geoff

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
So you are a wimpy Scot who dares not cross the Pentland Firth in winter weather.

[I don't b;ame you: we used to fly Kirkwall-Wick at 1,000' and the windscreen used to get covered in salt spray which made seeing to land a bit tricky]

Geoff
Meh! Who needs to land when you're in a plane? :giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009

We know one of the ferry stewards on the Aberdeen to Shetland sailings but donā€™t know what his shifts are. Why not just contact North Link Ferries terminal at Aberdeen. They really are lovely people. We go every year but this yearā€™s was cancelled for obvious reasons. Full refund. Give them a call.

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009

P.s. they do freight. Freight.nortlinkferries.co.uk

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
We know one of the ferry stewards on the Aberdeen to Shetland sailings but donā€™t know what his shifts are. Why not just contact North Link Ferries terminal at Aberdeen. They really are lovely people. We go every year but this yearā€™s was cancelled for obvious reasons. Full refund. Give them a call.
Pretty sure they will be wanting paid seen as it is freight. We reckon it'll be about Ā£500 to pallet it up. But if someone was going up anyway and I was to pop a bag if door fittings in their garage.....

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Put the items in a clear bag, stand just outside the port gates with the bag labelled Shetland and the recipients name in one hand and a bottle of malt in the other. If somebody stops pop the malt in the bag, hand it to the driver and go home. Simples.:giggle:

Not the worst idea but I don't know how long I could stand at Aberdeen harbour on a cold November morning before I felt the need to crack open the bottle :unsure:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Not the worst idea but I don't know how long I could stand at Aberdeen harbour on a cold November morning before I felt the need to crack open the bottle :unsure:

When I was flying for BA and doing some of the Highlands and Islands routes we had a stewardess who was a very good cook. When we nightstopped Glasgow before flying Benbecula=Stornaway - Inverness -London she phoned a guy in Stornaway to order a salmon to be at the airport, she took it to Inverness gave it to the Duty Officer to send it on next flight to Kirkwall, where it was collected by the Queen's smoker, smoked, then put on aircraft back to Inverness and then sent on to London for collection. She did this every time on that route.

The salmon was delicious, I know ;) :giggle:

The point of the story is that there is more than one way of ........

Geoff

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
When I was flying for BA and doing some of the Highlands and Islands routes we had a stewardess who was a very good cook. When we nightstopped Glasgow before flying Benbecula=Stornaway - Inverness -London she phoned a guy in Stornaway to order a salmon to be at the airport, she took it to Inverness gave it to the Duty Officer to send it on next flight to Kirkwall, where it was collected by the Queen's smoker, smoked, then put on aircraft back to Inverness and then sent on to London for collection. She did this every time on that route.

The salmon was delicious, I know ;) :giggle:

The point of the story is that there is more than one way of ........

Geoff
Speaking of food, have you been to try that veal schnitzel yet? šŸ¤¤

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
A friend of mine organised a Burns Supper years ago in Valbonne, south of France. He contacted BA and asked if they would carry some haggis to Nice. They agreed.

The next day the local press said that Air France had carried the haggis :-(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back