Anyone carry a scooter in their van conversion? (1 Viewer)

elaineteresa

Free Member
Apr 10, 2018
Funster No
I have an e bike which I carry in the back of my Bessacarr e350. I have a bike carrier on the back but it is easier to push the bike inside and as it is fitted on one door, a bike carried on the carrier sticks out quite a lot. I would love to upgrade to a lightweight scooter but wondered if anyone carried a scooter inside their van like I do my bike? I am a solo camper and do not take a lot of extra stuff with me. I could upgrade the carrier but I am not sure the door would support it. The only other option I have is a trailer which sort of defeats the object. Any advice?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can't carry a scooter on the rear door, it will have a max capacity of 35kg with the existing rack and the door won't have the strength to take anything heavier.

You could look to have a scooter carrier fitted to the rear - either one that attaches to a tow ball or one that attaches directly to the chassis (they are still removable). The problem with this is that you won't then be able to use the rear doors.

There is one members who has a PVC which allow him to take his motorcycles inside but it was a one-off design and there's no gas used (ie no naked flame) so no danger of the fumes from the bike's fuel tank being accidentally ignited.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have recently carried scooters in our camper but only to transport them home, this is our latest one!

IMG_20190901_115217.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
elaineteresa

elaineteresa

Free Member
Apr 10, 2018
Funster No
Hey all, sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for the messages. I think I have put it off for the mo......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back