Any advice for New Years Eve in Spain? (1 Viewer)

Devra

Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
We will be heading down from Germany to Spain for 3 months January - April for the sixth time, but previously we have always left after New Year.
This year thinking of leaving Boxing day and will be in Spain after 3 days of driving.
Normally our first stop is Vilanova near Barcelona.
We do a mixture of campsites, aires and wild camping and are not very fussy.

I am thinking it might be an idea to go to the aire at Blanes because there might be a good fireworks display on the nearby beach?

Has anybody ever been there at New Year?
Any other suggestions along the coast, but not further than Cambrils?

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Most of our local restaurants do a news year eve special of around 6 courses, with drinks all included, entertainment and a "goody bag" contain streamers, hats, your 12 grapes to eat at midnight, condoms, part poppers, etc. OK, maybe not the condoms, but it's everything else you need to celebrate!). Normally around €60 to €85 or so. We've done about half a dozen and have always been early leavers at around 0400 (and felt pretty ropey the next day! ).

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We were in Benicassim for last New Year and as @BreweryDave says nothing seems to happen much on the streets until midnight.
Everybody seemed to be at organised parties or family meals and then at about 1/4 to midnight everyone including babes in arms, children and adults of all ages gathered in the Plaza Major for the fireworks (dont think fantastic coloured displays but the loudest bangs you have ever heard!
Everyone brings out the Cava and drinks it with or without glasses, eats the traditional 12 grapes on the midnight chimes and make as much noise as possible.
The outstanding memory for me was the really happy relaxed family atmosphere where you were not afraid to look at anyone in the "wrong way" in case you got your had kicked in.

Within an hour the streets were mainly clear as everyone resumed to their " gatherings" to resume their festivities.

This was the only time we have had New Year in Spain and may be a one off. I have no idea what happens in major cities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We were in Benicassim for last New Year and as @BreweryDave says nothing seems to happen much on the streets until midnight.
Everybody seemed to be at organised parties or family meals and then at about 1/4 to midnight everyone including babes in arms, children and adults of all ages gathered in the Plaza Major for the fireworks (dont think fantastic coloured displays but the loudest bangs you have ever heard!
Everyone brings out the Cava and drinks it with or without glasses, eats the traditional 12 grapes on the midnight chimes and make as much noise as possible.
The outstanding memory for me was the really happy relaxed family atmosphere where you were not afraid to look at anyone in the "wrong way" in case you got your had kicked in.

Within an hour the streets were mainly clear as everyone resumed to their " gatherings" to resume their festivities.

This was the only time we have had New Year in Spain and may be a one off. I have no idea what happens in major cities.
Basically the same everywhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back