Airbag lights (1 Viewer)

Mar 18, 2013
Glossop
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, my 2013 Ducato cab has suddenly started displaying 3 lights on the dashboard that stay on whilst driving. Airbag fault, Passenger airbag disabled and seat belt not fastened. Can anyone suggest a cure? Thanks in advance.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There are some wires under the seats which can get damaged, sometimes when turning the seats. Worth checking if you can see anything amiss. Otherwise it will probably need a diagnostic check followed by wallet opening. :(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I
Mar 18, 2013
Glossop
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that I'll take a look tomorrow. Shame about the wallet feature.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I
Mar 18, 2013
Glossop
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2013
Just to close the problem off, I should have mentioned that the odometer was flashing as well as the illuminated warning lights. An auto electrician scanned the codes and found an unusual one "B10AA-4A Check configuration failed. Incorrect component installed." which he advised could only be addressed by Fiat. On the day of the appointment at Fiat the lights went out and the odometer stopped flashing! I took it in anyway and they scanned it and found NO faults recorded in memory!! So no real answer and fingers crossed for the upcoming MOT.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
That sounds like that
For some reason the airbag ecu lost contact with the body control unit,
Maybe a connector loose or some sort of resistance in the circuit.
I seems that after a few start ups they have reestablish connection and the BCU has recognised the ecu and accepted its realignment.
Job done, although I suspect fiat charged the standard £80 for connecting their system.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
There are some wires under the seats which can get damaged, sometimes when turning the seats. Worth checking if you can see anything amiss. Otherwise it will probably need a diagnostic check followed by wallet opening. :(
And probably a couple of weeks trying to source a second hand unit anywhere you can (there are none in the UK and most of Europe for my 2017) then when I sourced a second hand one in Poland I had to pay £58 customs and UPS managed to loose it in Manchester. A replacement for the lost one was posted on the 1st and as of this moment UPS are still messing about with the customs documentation and its still in their distribution centre in Poland. Nightmare :rollingeyes:

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
This could solve your problem I bought one earlier this year and for the price you cannot go wrong. I was very impressed with the functionality. And yes it is not one of those cheap things off ebay it is a fully functioning unit.

<Broken link removed>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I
Mar 18, 2013
Glossop
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, just to continue what I had hoped was finished! The local garage lady arrived this afternoon to take the van for it's MOT. She started the engine and the airbag light group came on and stayed on and the odometer flashed. I'd checked it every day since the visit to Fiat, and the lights had properly lit and gone off, although I never started the ignition. I've read that a low battery voltage might be the cause, but the reading, not on load, is 12.6v. Also maybe her adjusting the seat disturbed the wiring under the seat? Anyway tomorrow I'm going to call the Fiat main dealer who could find no faults and see if I can get a gratis code scan whilst the lights are on. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back