Adria Twin 2019 - How long without hookup? (1 Viewer)

darbz007

Free Member
May 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Hi, I pick up our Adria Twin 2019 in a couple of weeks. It has 2 x Leisure Battery’s and 120w solar panel. Can any Twin owners give me an estimate of how long the battery’s would last without hookup? I’m looking to spend the bank holiday weekend away so wondering if 3 nights would be comfortably doable?

thanks in advance!

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi there and welcome to FUN.

Does your new van have a compressor fridge, i.e. one that just works off battery power.

Regards,

Andrew

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

darbz007

Free Member
May 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. It has the compressor fridge with night mode.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

darbz007

Free Member
May 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin

Upvote 0

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Our van has the exact same setup and we will be trying the off grid thing last week in May,
From what I have found so far we should be ok for 2-3 days but maybe have to run the van for a while or may not .
I’ll post up my experience

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

If you arrive at your location with full batteries (and the batteries are in tip-top shape) then you should be able to sustain a 72-hour period off-grid as long as:

a. You have minimal telly time, light and heating usage (to save power) and,

b. You find a sunny spot and are blessed with some good rays to help the 120W solar panel replace a 'very small' amount of power.

You'll be on the edge for sure but doable if you keep your power consumption to an absolute minimum.

The problem with compressor fridges is that they are greedy little monsters which eat all of your power.

You should plan on using between 31Ah and 35Ah on the fridge per 24-hour period.

Footnote: Do you know what batteries you have fitted, size and type.

All the best,

Andrew

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

darbz007

Free Member
May 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Thanks SD j it would be good to hear the outcome!

Blue Knight - The batteries are NDS Green Power AGM 100ah (one is brand new) - I don't plan on watching any TV so hopefully that will help! :)

Upvote 0

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Is there a reason the fridge cannot be switched off at bedtime and back on the next morning , provided the door is kept closed it should be ok at least in the uk this time of year.
Don't shoot me im only asking :LOL:

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Is there a reason the fridge cannot be switched off at bedtime and back on the next morning , provided the door is kept closed it should be ok at least in the uk this time of year.

No reason at all. What would be more efficient is to take a frozen cool block from the freezer compartment and place it in the main fridge during the night.

In the morning just pop it back up to the top and re-freeze it for the next night.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks SD j it would be good to hear the outcome!

Blue Knight - The batteries are NDS Green Power AGM 100ah (one is brand new) - I don't plan on watching any TV so hopefully that will help! :)

It sounds as if you'll be fine but make sure you keep an eye on the volts, assuming that the control panel is a true and accurate reading of the actual battery voltage.

Enjoy your trip and do tell us how you get on ;-)

All the best,

Andrew

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years

I keep the internal freezer compartment full of freezer packs.

When power is available they get frozen.

When without power I move half of them from the the freezer compartment into the fridge, that usually keep the food cool.

Once with a power source, move back into the freezer.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
So are all new pvc's fitted with this type of fridge?

You need a lot of solar for long term off grid then.

Upvote 0

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Hi darbz007 welcome to the group and congratulations on buying an excellent van (bias), have you joined the Adria twin group on facebook. I have same van but with one battery same as you, the fridge pully a lot so we will only get two days without having to move on to charge off the engine. We do switch the fridge off at night and on in the morning to save energy and reduce noise at night. We have now fitted 300 watts solar and can go weeks with no issues on summer. Lithium on order so will be ok all year around

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back