Adamo 754-DL in car entertainment (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifetyle 664
Has anyone upgraded from the very basic Ford radio installation to a full featured Android system (Sat Nav, Video,MP3 etc), and if so, which system have you installed?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We have an Adamo.

The sat nag sits in the passenger seat
The entertainment manager sits in the passenger seat.

It is a basic radio but we use a separate sat nav and just listen to the radio. But I will watch with interest.

Upvote 0

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Has anyone upgraded from the very basic Ford radio installation to a full featured Android system (Sat Nav, Video,MP3 etc), and if so, which system have you installed?
I enquired about this when I bought our Adamo. The basic unit is a bit ugly and retro with small buttons. The cost of the upgrade was also horribly expensive. So we have managed with the base unit. It connects to my phone, the radio works and I can play my music through the same speakers that you would still need to use with the upgrade. I can also flip over the the Ipad holder on the top of the dash to give me a great big screen - far bigger than the upgraded Android one. So, leaving aside the cosmetic looks, it boils down to the quality of the sat nav. I don't know what service the upgraded unit uses, but I would prefer to continue to use my tried and tested Garmin "Caravan and Motorhome Club unit". It is not perfect, but it I trust it more than my fellow navigator - who is often asleep at critical moments in our journeys. I also have a map system on my ipad which gives me a great view when I need to verify the navigation instructions on the Garmin unit. As a final point - and this may just be my age showing - when I am chilling and listening to my music with the chairs turned around I find the good old twisty knobs on the standard unit really easy to use for volume control without turning around to look at a screen. I hope this helps you to decide.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back