Aberystwyth, Harlech, Barmouth? (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Thinking of having a few days away along the Cambrian Coast. Hotel not motorhome.
Any recomendations please anyone?

Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
Sorry Stephen and John, I really could not resist it!! It certainly was quite a place in the 60's I used to go there regularly with my cousin who farmed nearby It steadily went downhill over the years until the last owners from India had about 30 family members living there full time for free and they surprisingly went bankrupt! There has been ongoing Court cases for many years now about who has to pay for it's demolition It is such an eyesore when driving in to Harlech from the South, but if you had ever stayed there you would remember the view at breakfast looking along the beach over Snowdon and the Lleyn Peninsular I hope very much a suitable replacement is built asap now

OP
OP
S
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Ok. As you seem to know the area where would you suggest is a good area to stay?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 13, 2018
Ludlow, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 105 2015
Exp
before this it was in the 90 s
Y Branwin Hotel under the Castle in Harlech is good, good luck because you have left it a bit late for this weekend Really your best bet is to Google, there are plenty to choose from

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Queen Victoria Hotel Llanbedre.. Between Barmouth and Harlech ( visit the Castle ? ) . Pop down to the Causeway and see " Shell Island " ( Think its closed but ) If wanting a walk.ask at the hotel to tell you the way to the " Roman Steps " Its the lane that goes off the main road at the hotel itself drive up,park at the top and off you go. Nearbye Caves ? Blanau Ffestiniog Caves and Railway ( If its raining) Then, Portmerion and Portmadog close by. Snack ? Fish and Chips Portmadog ( next to the British Legion club ( If still there...) ENJOY !!
Tea Bag
PS. They DID have a " Dog friendly " room,if you have a pet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back