Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
Hi all

I'm looking for a bit of input. I currently have an autoquest 145 and looking to change to a swift 614. Does anyone have on and can offer any info? Or anyone with the same range that can provide any insight

Thanks gor anything you can offer.

Wilber

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I think you will miss the space
We hired a 614 when considering a sub 6 metre, the drop down bed drove us crackers, just the “domination” of the little space and we found the seating less comfortable than a lot, certainly less comfortable than the Elddis
TBH, couldnt wait to take it back, but the best £500 we ever wasted 😄

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We had a Swift and it was dreadful. We spent most of our time fixing it, as it was very poorly built. It pains me to say this but don’t buy British.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
We hired a 614 when considering a sub 6 metre, the drop down bed drove us crackers, just the “domination” of the little space and we found the seating less comfortable than a lot, certainly less comfortable than the Elddis
How many of you were there? My daughter won't be with us so we've gone from 3 to 2 so hoping the reduction will offset. Plus in all honesty the qm145 we all nongregated at the lounge area. Any plus points?

OP
OP
W

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
We had a Swift and it was dreadful. We spent most of our time fixing it, as it was very poorly built. It pains me to say this but don’t buy British.
Fully appreciate the reply but I'd say reading these forums I find problems with all of them tbh. My elddis had a bad rep but been trouble free no water ingress but others have had different experiences. I guess everyone's experiences and budgets are different.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
How many of you were there? My daughter won't be with us so we've gone from 3 to 2 so hoping the reduction will offset. Plus in all honesty the qm145 we all nongregated at the lounge area. Any plus points?
2 and no pets

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Fully appreciate the reply but I'd say reading these forums I find problems with all of them tbh. My elddis had a bad rep but been trouble free no water ingress but others have had different experiences. I guess everyone's experiences and budgets are different.

Have you had a look at some of the continental MHs?

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
For a reference point, Ive owned a Swift and just bought an Elddis new, comes in Sep

OP
OP
W

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
Have you had a look at some of the continental MHs?
We've looked at a lot but budget layout and requirements are a factor. In particular we looked at the benimars as a major factor is license restrictions also. After taking my b+e to tow I swore I was never taking another driving test!😀

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have had 5 Swift motorhomes, one Autosleeper, and currently have an Elddis.

With the exception of one Swift which we bought 10 years old on returning to motorhoming they were all good. The one “bad” one was of the batch that had a problem with the floors not being sealed properly..

Our Elddis has had only two problems - a badly fitted pipe on the fresh water tank filler, repaired under warranty, and the rear view camera has failed twice. The dealer says we have been unlucky there, not a “normal” problem. Other than that everything works properly, first time.

All motorhomes can have problems. We believe that layout is the most important thing for us and we have not found a Continental one that suits us, and that is despite regularly looking while residing in France.

Some continental built models are of good quality, but prices tend to reflect that. The lower priced ones have poor reputations. Our friend and neighbour has a Chausson which is regularly giving problems. It may be a “Friday afternoon special” but his experience has put him off buying another. That doesn’t necessarily mean that Chaussons are of poor quality, only that his experience has coloured his view of them.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
To be fair you only hear about the "bad" ones, folk hardly ever start posts praising their particular motorhome.

As rgards quality of build if you take a full overview nowadays it doesn't seem to matter where they are built you get bad 'uns. You would think that the high-end high-priced luxury vehicles would be better in this respect but, agreed not as many, you get the odd fault - the only difference is that it seems to take longer to sort it..............

IMHO in the end it is the dealer that makes all the difference.

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I really like it. Compact yet good storage. Not found much I'd change to be honest.
Thats good to hear. Does the drop down bed make for good daily use? I cant work out from the photos and videos Ive seen of it, if it drops down nice and low, down to waist height or does it stop higher up?

OP
OP
W

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
Mine is a 2018 and does stop higher up. Perhaps the only niggle but nothing major. Newer ones I believe go lower but I doubt waist height. I have no problems sleeping in it and used for 2 weeks at a time

Any questions feel free to ask

Last edited:

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Mine is a 2018 and does stop higher up. Perhaps the only niggle but nothing major. Newer ones I believe go lower but I doubt waist height. I have no problems sleeping in it and used for 2 weeks at a time

Any questions feel free to ask
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back