2019 Symbol swivel seat problem (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
Can anyone advise me about the swivel seats in my 2019 Symbol.

The passenger side has lost its swivel lock. I have looked at the mechanism and there is a Bowden cable connecting the lever on the RH side of the seat to a small plastic part underneath which moves OK when I move the lever and I presume should lock into some sort of slot underneath where I cant see it.

There appears to be no adjustment and I guess that the plastic part has got worn in some way and is not engaging properly.

I'm not sure if the swivel arrangement is part of the base vehicle and I should ask a Peugeot dealer for advice or whether it is part of the conversion.

There appear to be hundreds of swivel mechanisms available

Can anyone advise please?

Peter

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
it will be part of the conversion i would take the seat off to see whats not working .They are sandwiched between the seat box and the seat usually 4 bolts to each you may have to disconnect the airbag wiring if you have one, dont switch the ignition on while its disconnected as it will throw up a fault light

OP
OP
drpeej
Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
it will be part of the conversion i would take the seat off to see whats not working .They are sandwiched between the seat box and the seat usually 4 bolts to each you may have to disconnect the airbag wiring if you have one, dont switch the ignition on while its disconnected as it will throw up a fault light
Thanks for that. I have found a manufacturers label and part number. It is made by ISRI so I have emailed them for advice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
drpeej
Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
Further to this, I removed the seat and on turning it over this piece of plastic fell out of the swivel mechanism. It is definitely better now

20210816_134501.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back