2 Lug Water Cap in Hertfordshire (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Everyone
Im looking for anyone with a Hymer Motorhome that has a water cap that has the 2 lug water cap design, and lives in the Hertfordshire/Harpenden area that I can measure up. Im trying to make a Hozelock water Bung for a funster, but he lives too far away from me to go and measure. If anyone can help, please let me know, and I will give them the first cap free as a thank you for their help. Either PM me of email chrisatheathpark@yahoo.com
Cap design looks like image below.
Cheers PaulandChrissy.

Attachments

• D8C6D265-114D-4B33-9B2F-311E87010AFD.jpeg
    D8C6D265-114D-4B33-9B2F-311E87010AFD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
That looks super. That’s exactly what I’ve been asked to make for a funster. I don’t suppose you live near me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
That looks super. That’s exactly what I’ve been asked to make for a funster. I don’t suppose you live near me.
No, I'm near Stratford upon Avon. I dont know what a Hymer connector is like but this fits a Fiamma water connector on my Autosleepers Symbol. If you have a 3D printer I could send you the design file

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
No, I'm near Stratford upon Avon. I dont know what a Hymer connector is like but this fits a Fiamma water connector on my Autosleepers Symbol. If you have a 3D printer I could send you the design file
That’s really kind, but I may be selling them on eBay for a bit of pocket money, so the design needs to be my own. Thanks for the offer. I’m sure I will find a van with the right cap soon enough.

👍PaulandChrissy

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Aaargh!

I just bought one from Germany, yesterday! https://shop.selfshuttle.com/de/was...er-mobilvetta-challenger-roller-forster-laika

Nearly thirty quid including postage!
That’s a lot of money. That’s why I’m trying to make them for funsters for around £14 +P&P of £3.20
Just need to find someone close to me to measure up the exact size. I’ve made all the 3 pronged versions, but not done the 2 pronged yet.

PaulandChrissy

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
That’s a lot of money. That’s why I’m trying to make them for funsters for around £14 +P&P of £3.20
Just need to find someone close to me to measure up the exact size. I’ve made all the 3 pronged versions, but not done the 2 pronged yet.

PaulandChrissy

When I receive it, do you want me to send it to you so you can do your measuring stuff?
I won't need it until Oct 30 or so?

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
When I receive it, do you want me to send it to you so you can do your measuring stuff?
I won't need it until Oct 30 or so?
Thanks for the offer. I really want to take the measurements from the van itself, to get a really good fit. I made one based on a cap once before and the fit was not as good as it could be.
Thanks again for the offer. PaulandChrissy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back