SCUFFS, Nailsea, Bristol | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

SCUFFS, Nailsea, Bristol

Item details

Ostensibly a car body and cosmetic repairs business, but great at fixing motorhomes. And they've got a good sized workshop that can accommodate bigger vehicles. And can sort all sorts of things.

A couple of years ago I managed to catch the bodywork on the side of our camper when it was relatively new. They did an excellent repair, including re-spraying a panel at a good price. But I also appreciated their promptness taking the van in and getting it fixed. Top service!

So when last winter, I caught the roof of my van on a tree branch in Spain and also damaged the LED exterior awning light, I thought I was in for a difficult and expensive repair. Showed some pics to the guys at Scuffs (the van was still in Spain) and they said no problem and provided a far better quote than our MH supplying dealer 20+ miles away. I obtained a replacement metre-long LED from Rapido, to go above the side door for them to fix. The job was supposed to be done mid-April, but because of the corona lockdown and the fact our van was trapped in Spain it didn't happen then.

Finally got the van back mid-June, rang SCUFFS the day after on a Tuesday afternoon and they said bring it in tomorrow (Wednesday) and it will be ready on Friday. Received call Thursday afternoon - it's done, quicker than expected. Again an excellent job. When picking it up I said I needed a new electric step fitting, was that something they could help with? So again, I sourced the step online and once more they said bring the van in tomorrow - and hey presto, all done.

Particularly good for me because they are only a couple of miles away, but I'd happily travel further.

By contrast, our MH dealer in Highbridge quoted October (rather than late June) to replace the step and at a cost 50% more than I had to shell out.

Web: www.scuffsnailsea.co.uk Email: scuffs@live.co.uk Tel: 01275 858 785
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Rhino Installs
West Country Motorhomes

Item information

Category
Service Companies
Added by
mikebeaches
Views
Last update

More in Service Companies