RoadPro

Item details

I have had my lithium batteries fitted 6 weeks ago and have had time to give them a significant test. The following items were fitted:
2 100 amp NDS Lion batteries which includes a battery monitor colour display,
NDS Power charger Pro
Votronic 1715 Solar regulator
votronics 1250 LCD Solar Computer
Reactions: Whitebirdyman

Latest reviews

Approx date of transaction
July 2019
Had the following fitted:
145W semi-flexible solar panel
1x 100Ah lithium
Votronic solar regulator
400W inverter
and various other complex bits of priority switches/megafuses/cabling

Replaced two lead acids which were hopeless coping with a compressor fridge. Also wanted a small invertor for charging laptops and fan for hot nights.
Very happy with Damien's workmanship. All seems to work as planned. Can see myself spending the whole day watching the monitor.
Excellent professional company.
As previous reviewer, I stayed overnight on their forecourt and borrowed their loan car, which incidentally could do with the tyres inflating and a clean. And explanation how to open the front windows to get some ventilation. Apart from that, highly recommended.
Helpfullness and Attitude
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Workmanship
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness
5.00 star(s)
Would you use this company again?
Yes

Attachments

Reactions: bobandjanie
Approx date of transaction
March 2019
I have had my lithium batteries fitted 6 weeks ago and have had time to give them a significant test. I was booked in at RoadPro for fitting in March, after speaking to them I was told I could arrive the night before and stay over on their car park including EHU. Next morning I drove the van inside, I was shown and told exactly what would be fitted and asked if I needed anything else. It was to be 2 100 amp NDS Lion batteries which includes a battery monitor colour display,
Along with those we needed a mains charger to replace the vans original one, which wouldn’t charge lithium’s properly, so a NDS Piwer charger Pro was fitted. Then we had a Votronic 1715 Solar regulator fitted to deal with the 200 watt of solar we have on board, and lastly I wanted a votronics 1250 LCD Solar Computer to monitor what my solar panels were doing.
I was lent a courtesy car for the day and off I went to do some sight seeing for the day.
The van was left in a state that I could stay in it overnight again, so the job could be finished the following day. The courtesy car was available for me again until the I got the phone call telling me it was ready. I was shown around the installation and the display monitors, and it was a very neat job with no concerns. The staff were very knowledgeable and friendly and I couldn’t have been more happy, the bill was paid with the relevant Funster discount, and I was on my way home.
The NDS battery monitor shows both batteries at 100% all the time whilst parked up at home with no EHU. The van battery is also fully charged by the system also.
We spent 5 days at Jasmin camping and with the heating, lights, and TV on each night the lowest battery state I saw was 90%, with each morning sunshine I saw up to 8 amps being put back in resulting in 100% charge by midday.
Another 5 nights covering May bank holiday saw lots of cloudy conditions, and by the end of the 4th day still using the same amount of power, I saw the battery state down to 79%. On the 5th day lots of sunshine from early morning saw the batteries back to 100% by 4pm.
So 4 days in cloudy conditions saw a 20% fall, these batteries can go down to 5% and still deliver 13.2 volts, so I could possibly do 12 days off grid without any sunshine.
I haven’t tested the charging capability from the engine yet but 80% charge in 15 minutes is what I’m being told, so a quick charge if it needs it is available, if I have half a day of sunshine it will put 10% back in, 20% if the sun shines all day. So far I am very happy with the investment of £3500, yes I know you will be saying I could have had 10 batteries fitted for that, but I am not expecting to have to plug in again, and along with the inverter I should be completely independent in every situation.
Thanks to the guys down at RoadPro for an excellent job.
Helpfullness and Attitude
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Workmanship
5.00 star(s)
Cleanliness
5.00 star(s)
Would you use this company again?
Yes

Item information

Category
Motorhome Service Companies
Added by