Very good service.fitted extra fans to our fridge and a inverter system.
Very neat job with a lovely waiting area including tea coffee biscuits etc.
Saved our Van, Amazing Service
- 5/5, 5 out of 5, reviewed Nov 8, 2018
Bought a 2nd hand Hobby 750, pre-booked a visit to Rhino Installations a few weeks prior to van collection. The dealer was next to useless and the van had lots of issue (which I didn't fully understand until the day of collection) plus we wanted a lot doing to it to get it ready for Europe. Drove the four hours to Rhino which turned out to be the best possible decision I could have made.
Listed below are all new item they fitted:
- Habitation A/C
- Cruise Control
- Immobiliser and Tracker
- Bike Rack
- Outside Shower (old one broken)
- Dual Tank Gas Low System
- Twin gas alarm
- Reversing Camera
- Three new roof vents
- Heavy duty Van Door Locks
- Refresh cassette and seat kit for the Loo (small extra charge since the roof vents I wanted were too small or big so we had to fit Fiamma ones which were cheaper in the end. Not only that he managed to source the Fiammas after 4pm on a Friday for next day Saturday delivery
- Advised on best way to fix broken toilet pump and cheapest place for the parts which I did later on (no charge)
- Pressure tested entire van gas system (no charge), not just the gas low.
- Tested the refrigerator, explained best way to operate it (no charge)
- Noticed a leaking main water pump. Cracked casing, showed me the fault, happened to have a spare in garage. Charged me for part only
- Tested combi boiler, heating etc, confirmed all OK, explained the whole system (no charge) etc.
- I happen to mention the Fiat cab heater fan wasn't working, he removed lower dash board in 3 minutes, explained what the probable fault was, where I could get the part, how to fix it etc. (no charge)
- Fly screens and blinds didn't function very well, showed me how to fix them, what silicon spray to use, gave me a can to take with me (no charge)
- I realised I had to forgot ask for a final heavy duty lock for the underbed garage, he promptly produced the correct lock, told me it was on the house (no charge)
- A few days later, driving through France, starter motor packed up which caused secondary issues for the 12 volt circuit supply to the immobiliser. Phil spent a few hours on the phone talking me through various fault finding issues and explained how to bypass the immobiliser so I could get the van started again inspire of the voltage problem (again, no charge). I did phone the dealer the van was purchased from and they were, as ever, totally useless. Again, Phil saved the day.
In short, I arrived in Preston with a newly purchased basket case (my fault for not being rigorous enough with the dealer) ready to give up on owning a motorhome almost before I got started. I left a few days later feeling really good about our van and a lot more confident than when the so called dealer happily sold us a six wheeled box of trouble.
Yes, I spent a lot of money at Rhino's but that's because initially I wanted so much installed but Phil went so far out of his way to assist above and beyond that I don't know of any other person or company that would have done that. I work in the megayacht industry and I've never experienced such amazing service and genuine a desire to see customers walk away with something that works well for them.
Phil and Rhino Installations are definitely a one off. You'd be crazy to go anywhere else.3 members found this helpful.
Our NCC Approved Workshop is conveniently located just two minutes off the M6 (Junction 29). We also offer a well-stocked online store. With over 15 years of specialist experience and extensive technical product knowledge in the leisure industry, we guarantee you will receive a highly professional and friendly fitting service. All our work is carried out to the highest standard and customer specification - we pride ourselves on our customer relations and go that extra mile to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Our customer testimonials and word-of-mouth reputation speak for themselves – you can rest assured your motorhome is in the best hands. Please don't hesitate to contact us and we will gladly advise and assist you.
We are a manufacturer and dealer trained – holding a City & Guilds in Caravan and Motorhome Engineering and recognised by the National Caravan Council & the Caravan Industry Training Body.
Tintin likes this.